Facelift Vandalism

Wxm

Reaction score
IMG 4208

Woke up to this . Dent and scratch on bonnet too and damage to A pillar from the huge boulder thrown. No other cars damaged , just mine . Cowardly ********

Total nightmare, hope you find the f***ers

View attachment 128358
Woke up to this . Dent and scratch on bonnet too and damage to A pillar from the huge boulder thrown. No other cars damaged , just mine . Cowardly ********

Absolute c***s! No other word to better describe them, hope it isn't too costly to sort out.

Happened around my brothers way the other week, tyres slashed and windows smashed, they left his Mrs car but done the A7 courtesy car he had.

I've reported it to police and insurance. It's only 3 weeks old with 400 miles on it :(
Should I use a Audi repair or just the insurance one?

OMFG the b@st@rds!

Really sorry to see this mate.

Yes I’d definitely go Audi.

Reactions: glospete, Jassyo06 and Wxm
Ah ******, what a horrible site to wake up to, there really are some horrible people out there.

I'd definitely insist it's an Audi job unless somebody on here knows of a good body shop near you.

Good luck

Reactions: Tom.H and Wxm
Omg, that is just so horrible. What is wrong with people these day. Mindless vandalism, shooting is too good for them. Hope you get it sorted asap.

Reactions: glospete and Wxm
I would end the lives of the little cretins that did that. Not before I've skinned them alive and dropped them in lemon juice.

Bit extreme...granted. I just have strong views on mindless vandalism.

Reactions: azibux1, Mark_86 and Wxm
Ah ******, what a horrible site to wake up to, there really are some horrible people out there.

I'd definitely insist it's an Audi job unless somebody on here knows of a good body shop near you.

Good luck

I mentioned about it going to Audi for repair and they said I'd have to get a quote . I can't drive it to an approved Audi bodyshop with half the windscreen smashed up , as I can't see :(

I'm near llangollen btw

I'm near llangollen btw

ALL FORUM MEMBERS TO THEIR BATMOBILES.

Destination: Llangollen
Mission: Hunt down and punish the b@astards that done this

We got your back @Wxm

Reactions: Audi Bairn, BarryG79, RAF_S7 and 5 others
Any neighbours got CC TV or Dashcams? Long shot I know but worth asking around all the same. Its **** you can't have a nice car without some bell ends taking exception to it !

Little fookers want their d1cks cutting off

Reactions: richinsoton
I mentioned about it going to Audi for repair and they said I'd have to get a quote . I can't drive it to an approved Audi bodyshop with half the windscreen smashed up , as I can't see :(

I'm near llangollen btw

Tell them you want an Audi approved body shop if not, they should have someone! It can be a slightly slower process with your own repairer and there's nothing the insurance can do if they won't give you a courtesy car (Audi no doubt would though if you used them and they had one available)

Although saying that, you seem in a tough old place!

D6BE2182-D493-46B9-A62E-FBE51A1B3661.png

Reactions: Wxm
Sad.... and sorry for you.... Push for Audi... Nothing less

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Audi Bairn
Pure jealously , they spend all day playing with their willy instead of out earning .

Reactions: Rob2k68, Sandra and richinsoton
honestly i just have no words for people, it can only be done out of jealousy. I can only hope they get a boulder dropped on their heads.

defo audi for the repair though

Reactions: Rob2k68 and azibux1
That's horrible. Some people are utter vermin... I agree,I'd push for Audi to repair that... looks like the A pillar got a good wack aswell.

Hope the A pillar can be repaired . I've contacted swansway VW for a quote in wrexham

Reactions: Mark_86
Hope the A pillar can be repaired . I've contacted swansway VW for a quote in wrexham

They should send someone out to you to estimate it with the car technically being immobile now.

I had my A pillar repaired on my R32 although I don't think it was quite as bad as that, I daresay they'll be able to sort it though.

That to me looks more than just vandalism bud, that's a targeted attack on you, the ****** are to cowardly to approach you so do your car instead.
Have you ****** someone off big time!!! Still no excuse mind.
Insurance or not I'd be getting that removed from the side of the road promoto and in some where safe for now.
Then once that's done take time to reflect on who's likely to of done this stupid mindless act and................ we'll the rest is up to you

The A pillar are easily repaired @Wxm my focus ST was vandalised in a similar way to your car 3 years ago, the A pillar was smashed rear passenger privacy smashed and paint all chipped, on my driveway as well, by my step daughters ex boyfriend , l spent a night in Cumbernauld Klink doing some porridge ... Jassy Fletcher lol it was worth it, shall we say lol but l paid for the damage myself didn't want to claim the insurance

Reactions: David McQueen, Rob2k68, Audi Bairn and 2 others
Absolutely shocking!! I live in Wrexham and it's scary that has happened so close to home... but at the same time doesn't supprise me really.
I think the swansway VW are the best bet for the area.
Hope you it sorted.

That's a horrible site to see, especially on a new car

Looking at the image(and i am ONLY guessing ?) to the right of your car in the image is there a turning into another street ?. I'm asking because IMO it looks like someone in a van or such like has taking it to sharply/quickly towards your car and the contents(bolder) has rolled out hitting your car, hence having the impact on the pillar 1st then bouncing onto the windscreen then bonnet ?

Im suprised the alarm didnt spur into action either!

Gutted for you :grumpy:

But fixable. You need to think about security, and how to deter it from happening again.

Gutted for you :grumpy:

But fixable. You need to think about security, and how to deter it from happening again.

Can you really secure against this if you dont have a garage? Camera isn't really a deterrent.

IMG 4223
IMG 4220
IMG 4224

Few more pics . Hopefully be going to swansway for repair .

It was with a huge stone from a dry stone wall. They left it behind

Wa****s gutted for you mate, let's hope they get run over or something equally deserving. What is it with people :blink:

Can you really secure against this if you dont have a garage? Camera isn't really a deterrent.

This is vandalism, and any deterrent that involves identifying the people involved will help prevent a reoccurrence.

On street parking with CCTV will only help if its a visible deterrent, but I agree, there is little you can do when it comes to random acts of vandalism on a public street, except capture a picture and engage with social media to identify those involved.

If CCTV is not an option, then I would consider fitting a dashcam - inside the car, looking at the interior windows rather then specifically recording just the front of the car. (So the camera is out of sight)

My concern would be whether it was specifically targeted at the OP....

If CCTV is not an option, then I would consider fitting a dashcam - inside the car, looking at the interior windows rather then specifically recording just the front of the car. (So the camera is out of sight)

Not to hijack the thread or anything but how would a dashcam have caught anything? Pardon my ignorance here because I know little about them.

If you're about to tell me they have the capability of motion triggered recording...then I am 100% about to purchase one

Not to hijack the thread or anything but how would a dashcam have caught anything? Pardon my ignorance here because I know little about them.

If you're about to tell me they have the capability of motion triggered recording...then I am 100% about to purchase one

Dashcams have impact detection capabilities, so when there is a physical impact they can record the event.
Some cameras also have motion detection capabilities, so anyone walking in front of a parked car, when the dashcam drops into "Parked Mode" it can trigger a recording.

The latest cameras (I have a BlackVue 650S with front and rear cameras) connect to the Internet and can not only message you if it detects anything, you can log into the camera and actually see a live picture that the camera is looking at, or you can browse the recorded files, all via an app. :racer:

Reactions: richinsoton and Jassyo06
Gutted for you mate!
U can't understand some people in this world, hope u get it sorted to ur satisfaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear this, that are some serious friggin *** holes around.

I've recently installed Nest outdoor cams, well worth it, and great visibility, and recording.

Maybe worth having a look to at least keep on eye on things.

Utter to55ers. Hope you find the little sh1ts and drop said boulder on them!!
Definitely go for Audi repair, especially with the A-pillar being damaged.

Low life scum who'd do this!
The problem is it's all too easy for them to run up a street, hit someone's pride and joy and know it's unlikely they'll get caught.
Hope something extremely unpleasant happens to them but, more importantly, that you get all sorted soon.

Low life scum who'd do this!
The problem is it's all too easy for them to run up a street, hit someone's pride and joy and know it's unlikely they'll get caught.
Hope something extremely unpleasant happens to them but, more importantly, that you get all sorted soon.

Sadly even if they did, not much would happen!

Reactions: Wxm, Mark_86, TDI-line and 1 other person

Yes, I have one with motion detection that start recording when it detects something moving. The power draw is very very slight at night.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk