Value my car please..

mark88

Reaction score
Dealer has been in touch regarding ordering the S3. Whilst I'm still not sure I'm going to order one I'm still going to take my car down for the dealer to value(price now) with a look at part ex-ing it come the time of S3 collection. Anyone be so kind as to tell me what they'll think I'll get offered? so I know whether I'm being screwed over or not...

A3 2.0 TDi Quattro Sport S-Line
2006 model
55 plate, registered September 2005
Brilliant Black
Owner from new
2650 miles only
Full Votex/Audi Body Kit
Chrome Exhaust tips
BOSE
Parking Sensors
Cruise Control
Centre Armrest
Rest of the spec is as S-Line

Cost £23650 or thereabouts about a year ago...6% discount which this dealer(Leeds Audi) would not match.

God knows on the value but the fact ehy wouldn;t give you a discount probably doesn't mean a lot. Lets face it they like to buy low and sell high...

Good luck anyway :)

I'm thinking it's gonna be 18-19, almost 6k loss in a year. Or perhaps even lower.

Whatever though, I don't see me getting 20k at the dealer :) The decision I have to make is, do I want to upgrade to an S3 at the cost of around 10k? when looking at the figures like that it doesn't look too appealing.

The decision is made harder by the simple fact that the S3 just isn't special enough I don't think, especially if you have an S-Line. At the moment the reviews, specs, pics just don't make me want it bad.

If I don't get the S3, I'm not exactly sure what to move my 2k deposit onto. Wait for a TT-S(S-Line)? A5? Used RS4?...meh. I'd like a new car in the first quarter of next year though, I'm sure of that.

I sadly agree with Mark88, I just dont think the S3 is special enough. Its almost making me think about a 2nd hand S4 at around the same cost. Or even a neww TT.

Parkers and Whatcar had it between 16 and 17K, but no allowance for your low mileage or extras. You can get a quote from glass.co.uk, but it costs £2.95. Good luck!

Regards, John

mfspen said:
You can also indirectly get a Glass's value on the AA site www.theaa.com as they use the same database.

that's a very good url thanks. The exact page is here for anyone else who wants to check http://www.theaa.com/cbg/CarBuyerHomeAction.do

Currently negotiating on a un-allocated RS4(even though this thread started 6 months ago), theAA/glasses guide values my car at £17,600 trade in. That's with 6k more miles and no options taken in cosideration:

Audi A3 3 Door Hatchback 2.0TD quattro S Line MANUAL DIESEL (2005-55)
--------------------------------------------------------------
Nearest mileage available

Price when new
£21,535 (mine was £23650 with options and 6% discount)

Retail value
-------------
Garage/retailer's selling price
£19,295

Trade-in values
-------------------
Clean Condition
£17,600

Average Condition
£16,750

Below Average Condition
£15,550

Looking on the audi used car locator, low mileage cars like mine are selling on for £19-20k so I'd would hope I'd be getting at least £18k trade in a £50k motor!!

Don;t forget you wont actually pay anything like £19-20K you would easily negotiate a grand of those prices if not more with a bit of effort.

But I would sort the price out for the new car and then negiate on the trade-in.

J.

You can also get a free glass valuation from the vauxhall.co.uk site.