ValetPro Citrus Pre Wash

Bristle Hound

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been using ValetPro Citrus Pre Wash for about 2 years now & simply put it, I think its better than snow foaming, cheaper too!

Dilute 100ml @ 1:8 then using a pump sprayer, cover the whole car, let dwell for 10 mins then PW off. Easy!

Its like snow foaming but less mess and cheaper too. Oh & the smell!

Beauty of this stuff is you can dilute to different ratios to do different things. Smell gorgeous to boot!

The dilution rates are as follows:

Exterior cleaner. Dilute 1:10 (i've found 1:8 works better)
Interior plastics or spot fabric cleaning. Dilute up to 1:20
Carpet and upholstery cleaning. Dilute 1:80.

DW review here -
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=294414&highlight=valetpro

Reactions: NevMan, V6_Man, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
Love this stuff. One of the unsung heroes of detailing. Not posh, not fashionable, just functional.

Reactions: NevMan, BRISTOL86 and Bristle Hound
BH where do you buy yours from , any deals that you know of ? I was going to go either down the snow foam route or pre wash but after reading this I reckon this is the way to go .
Do you spray it all over the car or below the door handles down ,never used it before so I have no idea .

Valetpro citrus pre wash is amazing. It really does get all the bugs off and general grime. I bought mine off cleanyourcar ages ago but it does last. I just use a pump sprayer with it and leave it a few mins to dwell. I spray it all over everything that's dirty and then give it a blast with the jetwash. I do snowfoam after it but only because I'm in the habit of it.

Reactions: NevMan, RS4B5 and wooder
BH where do you buy yours from , any deals that you know of ? I was going to go either down the snow foam route or pre wash but after reading this I reckon this is the way to go .
@wooder - 5 litre's always works out best for VFM IMO. There's not a lot in it in price I've always found TBH
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=295097&highlight=Valet+Pro+Citrus+Pre-Wash

'Tis a great product that is for sure! You won't be disappointed!
Do you spray it all over the car or below the door handles down ,never used it before so I have no idea .
Spray it everywhere! Just make sure you follow the dilute ratio's above :thumbs up:

Reactions: NevMan, Audi Bairn and wooder
I use my AS G101 for similar.

saves (yet another) product...

Although, I do still like using snow foam too... :D

We use G101 at work for everything but find its very harsh if not diluted properly, our drivers go through shoes like toilet paper because of it.

VP Citrus pre-wash does a similar job but is getter to work it and easier to get hold of.

I've been using ValetPro Citrus Pre Wash for about 2 years now & simply put it, I think its better than snow foaming, cheaper too!

Dilute 100ml @ 8:1, then using a pump sprayer, cover the whole car, let dwell for 10 mins then PW off. Easy!

Beauty of this stuff is you can dilute to different ratios to do different things. Smell gorgeous to boot!

Exterior cleaner. Dilute 1:10 (i've found 8:1 works better)

DW review here -
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=294414&highlight=valetpro

I always mix with warm water, if you do water then VP citrus otherwise you'll with just have a bottle of foam. Been there done that.

Reactions: NevMan and wooder
Following BH's recommendation, I purchased 5 litres of VPCPW couple of weeks ago. It's great!! I couldn't believe how clean my car was after rinsing off. I snow formed after, but only because I'd already prepared the snow foam stage as I didn't expect such great results!

Thumbs up from me :thumbs up:

Reactions: NevMan and Audi Bairn
What's this stuff like on wheels?

I'm getting low on the Bilberry Wheel Cleaner I normally use, so does the VPCPW do a good job or am I best sticking to the bilberry???

TY :)

PS: Excuse the dumb question but with regards to the dilution ration the OP mentions "Exterior cleaner. Dilute 1:10 (i've found 8:1 works better)". I've seen this various ways around before! He starts off with 1:10, is that 1 part chemical 10 parts water? but then switches it to 8:1 so is that then 8 parts chemical to 1 of water? :confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan

I'm getting low on the Bilberry Wheel Cleaner I normally use, so does the VPCPW do a good job or am I best sticking to the bilberry???

TY :)

PS: Excuse the dumb question but with regards to the dilution ration the OP mentions "Exterior cleaner. Dilute 1:10 (i've found 8:1 works better)". I've seen this various ways around before! He starts off with 1:10, is that 1 part chemical 10 parts water? but then switches it to 8:1 so is that then 8 parts chemical to 1 of water? :confused:
@S32B - Being non-acidic, VPCPW works well on wheels used as part of your regular wash regime

It won't have the bite of Bilberry tho

My Bad with the dilute ratio thing, I've amended it now

1 part product to 8 parts water is how it should have read Ty :thumbs up:

Reactions: NevMan and Audi Bairn

Might be worth getting your wheels protected with something as then you'll only need regular shampoo to wash them. I haven't had to use wheel cleaner in quite a while. Last car (A4 B7) had Planet Polish Wheel Seal & Shine. This one (B8 S4) has Carpro DLUX on them. Since doing this a quick pressure washer and shampoo brings them up fine.

Might be worth getting your wheels protected with something as then you'll only need regular shampoo to wash them. I haven't had to use wheel cleaner in quite a while. Last car (A4 B7) had Planet Polish Wheel Seal & Shine. This one (B8 S4) has Carpro DLUX on them. Since doing this a quick pressure washer and shampoo brings them up fine.
Cheers for that, just been looking at various things for wheels...right mine filed lol. I normally wash the car at least once a week, I went out to wash it before but it's raining :(

Hey people. I have just started using this product due to the good reviews everyone gives it. Quick question: I've been applying it using just a handheld pump spray at a dilution ratio of about 1CPW to 8Water. Should I be expecting to get much of a foam on application? It doesn't seem to produce much and just appears quite clear. Basically doesn't look very soapy. Is this normal? Thanks!

I use a 5L pump spray and dilute 1:8 - sounds about right, doesn't foam up too much.

Reactions: NevMan, Pook and Bristle Hound
Hey people. I have just started using this product due to the good reviews everyone gives it. Quick question: I've been applying it using just a handheld pump spray at a dilution ratio of about 1CPW to 8Water. Should I be expecting to get much of a foam on application? It doesn't seem to produce much and just appears quite clear. Basically doesn't look very soapy. Is this normal? Thanks!
@Pook - You won't & shouldn't get any foaming action from it
My mix is around 8:1 - 10:1. Never under but not accurate either. I always mix with hot water as by the time I use it the VP CPW has cooled sufficiently to use. Always leave a min of 5-10 mins to dwell before PW'ing off. Only make up as much as you need as VP say it looses effectiveness if left for too long pre-mixed

Reactions: NevMan, Audi Bairn and Pook
Great thanks to you both. Peace of mind I'm doing it right.

Reactions: Keef and Bristle Hound

Dilute 100ml @ 1:8 then using a pump sprayer, cover the whole car, let dwell for 10 mins then PW off. Easy!

Exterior cleaner. Dilute 1:10 (i've found 1:8 works better)

DW review here -
Do you spray this onto the dry car as the first thing in the process? Or get the car wet first?

I do it onto a dry car before anything leave it to dwell for 5mins the the power washer comes out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bristle Hound
I do it onto a dry car before anything leave it to dwell for 5mins the the power washer comes out
@Grubb - ^ this & when you do the 'mix', make sure the water you add is warm but not hot. Makes it more effective in my experience

Reactions: NevMan, Audi Bairn, Jakes2514 and 1 other person
Used this for the first time yesterday. I'm very impressed with it. The car wasn't that dirty at the time but seemed to do a great job.

Reactions: Jakes2514 and Bristle Hound
Anyone else been using this ?

Prefer the extra cleaning power of Angelwax cleanliness used valet pro numerous times

Been using it for the last few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Jassyo06
Prefer the extra cleaning power of Angelwax cleanliness used valet pro numerous times
@jassyo06 - I knew you would say the opposite even before I read your reply ... :box:
Lov you really :friends:
One of these days you & I may actually agree on a Detailing product !
wave.gif
laughing.gif

Reactions: Jassyo06 and BarryG79
@jassyo06 - I knew you would say the opposite even before I read your reply ... :box:
Lov you really :friends:
One of these days you & I may actually agree on a Detailing product !
wave.gif
laughing.gif
Lol i used it all last winter and it wasn't any better at removing/loosening Road grit etc etc than their Advanced Snow foam mate

Lol i used it all last winter and it wasn't any better at removing/loosening Road grit etc etc than their Advanced Snow foam mate
Fair do's my wee scotch friend :thumbs up:

Reactions: Jassyo06
Use the citrus prewash all the time, very good and doesn't strip any coatings. Easy to use and no power washer required..

Angelwax Cleanliness is far better than Valet Pro citrus prewash for the winter months it's potent stuff use a 3¬1 dilution mix on the lower parts of the car or you can use a 5-1 dilution mix as a snowfoam doesn't remove your last stage products, it's much the same as there glass cleaner when you get a whiff of it. .. You know there's some funky cleaning power going on in it.. Again just my experience using both products

Angelwax Cleanliness is far better than Valet Pro citrus prewash for the winter months it's potent stuff use a 3¬1 dilution mix on the lower parts of the car or you can use a 5-1 dilution mix as a snowfoam doesn't remove your last stage products, it's much the same as there glass cleaner when you get a whiff of it. .. You know there's some funky cleaning power going on in it.. Again just my experience using both products
Interesting thought @jassyo06

Having never used the Angelwax product I can't do a comparison
But at those dilution ratio's it not as good value as VP CPW
Winter dilution for the CPW for me is 10:1 & summer around 15:1

I get & have just got 5l of CPW for £20 delivered

I ain't got as much money as you either mate, being a pensioner 'an 'all, so VFM is a consideration for me

Interesting thought @jassyo06

Having never used the Angelwax product I can't do a comparison
But at those dilution ratio's it not as good value as VP CPW
Winter dilution for the CPW for me is 10:1 & summer around 15:1

I get & have just got 5l of CPW for £20 delivered

I ain't got as much money as you either mate, being a pensioner 'an 'all, so VFM is a consideration for me
Dilution rates are always dependent on how dirty your car is at the point in time
And ain't loaded
A poor pensioner........ Aye..... Right.. I'll take that with a pinch of salt mate lol

Dilution rates are always dependent on how dirty your car is at the point in time
And ain't loaded
A poor pensioner........ Aye..... Right.. I'll take that with a pinch of salt mate lol
@jassyo06 - Very true. But I notice the manufacturers recommended dilute ratio's for both products follows our own ratio's. So we must know something! lol
& lol

Reactions: Jassyo06
Hi all. Reading your reviews, sound like I'll give it a go to this product. However, sounds quite strong, is it harsh on the paint? Will it strip the wax coating off?
Thanks,
Dan

Hi all. Reading your reviews, sound like I'll give it a go to this product. However, sounds quite strong, is it harsh on the paint? Will it strip the wax coating off?
Thanks,
Dan
It could if you don't adhere to what it says on the manufacturers lingidy mate same as if you dilute it too much it won't clean/soften up the road grime

Reactions: DanZ
So if I stick with the 1:8 my hard earned wax coating will stay on, yes? :)

I suppose so mate but it's not that potent I've used it 50/50 and it didn't strip of the wax or the coating l have on the car

Reactions: DanZ
@DanZ - 1:8 will be fine
Don't forget to use warm but not hot water on your mix. I've always found CPW works better this way

Reactions: DanZ and BarryG79