Valet parking driver goes joyriding in customer's S3

LOL he's on here?!

Reactions: richinsoton and azibux1
Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jassyo06 and azibux1
Hahahahaha brilliant :D

Reactions: Audi Bairn
I never hand my keys to anyone but an Audi garage for this reason. Even local hand car washes I never get out of my car. You just can’t trust anyone these days sadly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lmao that's an 'Oops' moment :D

Haha,

Ok maybe calling him a "berk" was uncalled for and I apologise but I stand by my comment that leaving your car with these kind of muppets is utter madness. I wouldn't trust anyone with my car and I've seen far too many cases of these companies taking liberties with customers' cars.

Reactions: S32B, Jassyo06, Gary_LB and 1 other person
Haha,

Ok maybe calling him a "berk" was uncalled for and I apologise but I stand by my comment that leaving your car with these kind of muppets is utter madness. I wouldn't trust anyone with my car and I've seen far too many cases of these companies taking liberties with customers' cars.
Yeah I'm with you on that! I would never use these kind of valet park people.

Reactions: Gary_LB
Yeah I'm with you on that! I would never use these kind of valet park people.

Agreed. There are so many similar stories I’m surprised anyone uses these drop off services.

Reactions: azibux1
Haha,

Nice bit of back tracking there @Vertigo1 .......Small World....Eh.....lol

Reactions: Audi Bairn and FBF01
I never hand my keys to anyone but an Audi garage for this reason. Even local hand car washes I never get out of my car. You just can’t trust anyone these days sadly

Same here, just paid an extra £30 for 2 days parking at Heathrow short stay compared to meet and greet to avoid a similar situation

Reactions: Joetidman, Audi Bairn, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Jesus, whilst I personally would never use the service (even told the parents not to and they've got a 2003 Golf until the new car arrives) you'd like to think that you could trust the company offering it!

Sadly I've seen these types on the likes of Rogue Traders before though where the secure car park was a field a few miles away with all the keys thrown into a bucket!

Reactions: Audi Bairn, azibux1 and Jassyo06
Same here, just paid an extra £30 for 2 days parking at Heathrow short stay compared to meet and greet to avoid a similar situation

Ah the lifestyle of the Rich n Famous....Jet setters.....lol.....l take the Mrs HMRC's.....Ford Fiesta on such occasions..they could set that a light for all l care....lol

Reactions: Daveotto
What exactly did he spec to his S3 to make it £50k??

Reactions: Pook, FBF01 and Jassyo06
Jesus, whilst I personally would never use the service (even told the parents not to and they've got a 2003 Golf until the new car arrives) you'd like to think that you could trust the company offering it!

Sadly I've seen these types on the likes of Rogue Traders before though where the secure car park was a field a few miles away with all the keys thrown into a bucket!

Friend of mine had his GTD stolen this way a couple of years back and had all sorts of problems with his insurance as the company would not admit liability as it was an employee not following instructions and T&C's say cars are left at owners liability and friends insurance company said he did not take appropriate precautions as he handed his keys over!!!!

Reactions: Tom.H and Jassyo06
Even local hand car washes I never get out of my car.

You use them???? ban him from the forums :D that's worse than letting the muppet in the video drive your car! :p

Reactions: leshkin, richinsoton, davc and 12 others
Imagine noticing a extra 5 miles.......lol.....the guy done em a favor and broke the engine in.......lol

Reactions: davc, Russkiya, MattSedg and 3 others
I seriously laughed out loud there! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Good to see the Mail are up to date eh. Happened, and was posted on here, weeks ago.
Hahaha I had to comment when I saw I recognised the name.

It was posted here? I must have missed that somehow :(

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
Hahaha I had to comment when I saw I recognised the name.

It was posted here? I must have missed that somehow :(

Maybe my mistake, the one I'm thinking of might've been Manchester (?)

Aha! Ok guys, My hands are up!:bye:

Yes...the victim is on this forum.

I suspected news like this would get mixed views.
Especially with the hold "the car was built for it" > to that I say " Yes the car was built for it.......that's why this car cost me a good wack of MY salary each month. and with that in mind alone, its my choice wether that car ever does the speed it that manner, and its the general public's choice as to where in safety....such as a track maybe!?"

Now... guys! Do you all honestly believe everything the papers say!?
From what I've seen so far, there' a few twist in each story going around net which isn' entirely 100% fact.
Like the car costing 50k. Ok.... a reporter will call you up out of the blue and just ask what seems like a 100 random questions like its some fricken game show......to build the scenario/story of course (a story yes, because I saw an opportunity to seek a small amount of my monthly salary back this month, just like the guy driving my car like a Tw*t saw the opportunity for a bit of a good time)
One of the questions was
"What did you pay for your car Mr Beckerleg?"
My answer to that was a rushed figure of "ermm, the car cost me shy of 47k about 5 months ago"
For some reason, this had turned my car into a "50k car"
The car actually cost me £46,125.48 but cash price of the car is £43,400.

Selling the story to the papers was actually my last resort. I gave the company more than a 10 days to get back to me with a decent response regarding my complaint.
I was oringally told the guy responsible was going to be put under further training and my parking bill was going to be refunded as a settlement.
I kindly declined.
That only means they'll teach him to be more careful next time and at least check if there's dash cam in the car you're joyriding.

Reactions: richinsoton, Daveotto, Audi Bairn and 7 others

Especially with the hold "the car was built for it" > to that I say " Yes the car was built for it.......that's why this car cost me a good wack of MY salary each month. and with that in mind alone, its my choice wether that car ever does the speed it that manner, and its the general public's choice as to where in safety....such as a track maybe!?"

From what I've seen so far, there' a few twist in each story going around net which isn' entirely 100% fact.
Like the car costing 50k. Ok.... a reporter will call you up out of the blue and just ask what seems like a 100 random questions like its some fricken game show......to build the scenario/story of course (a story yes, because I saw an opportunity to seek a small amount of my monthly salary back this month, just like the guy driving my car like a Tw*t saw the opportunity for a bit of a good time)
One of the questions was
My answer to that was a rushed figure of "ermm, the car cost me shy of 47k about 5 months ago"

Selling the story to the papers was actually my last resort. I gave the company more than a 10 days to get back to me with a decent response regarding my complaint.
I was oringally told the guy responsible was going to be put under further training and my parking bill was going to be refunded as a settlement.
I kindly declined.
That only means they'll teach him to be more careful next time and at least check if there's dash cam in the car you're joyriding.

If nothing else mate, it'll hopefully stop other people using that service!

One of the questions was

I kindly declined.

I hope he got fired

P.S.
What dash cam do you have?

Mr Breakaleg’s story has made page 39 of today’s Daily Mail. Enjoy those 15 minutes of fame :smilecat:

If nothing else mate, it'll hopefully stop other people using that service!
And Hopefully makes these drivers think twice before treating peoples cars like this.
I hope he got fired

P.S.
What dash cam do you have?

A spokesman has said that he had been dismissed.... but I think this was only after a journalist did some probing with the airport to get a response,
I think then they had to.

The dash cam is a Waylens horizon. A very good but of kit, but doesn' come cheap.
They're in the middle of producing their next model..... the 360. And the name says it all! Give it a little research! I'll be parting with my horizon once this comes out for sure

Reactions: Audi Bairn, The Challinor and Tom.H
The issue being that for every guy who gets fired there will be plenty more who do the same thing. There are a number of similar stories out there

Moral of the story is to give yourself more time and use the mid or long term parking if you need to save money

And Hopefully makes these drivers think twice before treating peoples cars like this.

A spokesman has said that he had been dismissed.... but I think this was only after a journalist did some probing with the airport to get a response,
I think then they had to.

The dash cam is a Waylens horizon. A very good but of kit, but doesn' come cheap.
They're in the middle of producing their next model..... the 360. And the name says it all! Give it a little research! I'll be parting with my horizon once this comes out for sure

Wow that’s one cool dash cam. The overlay is very cool indeed.

There were reports of this kind of incident happening on a regular bases at my local airport Gatwick; it even made it onto Watchdog. One guy left his car at valet parking and after picking his car up found a note in the glove box from someone who had actually rented his car.

Reactions: amb66
The issue being that for every guy who gets fired there will be plenty more who do the same thing. There are a number of similar stories out there

Moral of the story is to give yourself more time and use the mid or long term parking if you need to save money
It wasn't about saving money. I have a family and the s3 is a family car whilst still remaining my pride and joy, the valet parking came down to convenience.... parking it in other car parks run the risk of general public putting dents in your doors for the duration you're away.
And the long term parking is actually cheaper than the valet parking. Thats because they're supposed to be providing a service. Due to my naivety, It didn't even come to my mind that this would have happened.

Reactions: Tom.H and Audi Bairn
You don't need to justify yourself for using these companies mate. Thousands of people a year use this very convenient way to park at the airport including myself, which helps reduce the stress of a holiday both dropping off and especially picking up.

Just because this happens it doesn't mean that people shouldn't use it.

Cars get stolen all the time. Should we all just stop buying cars and taking the longer route instead? Bus maybe?

Surely this footage has been passed to the police and the idiot gets a ban, loses his job... Wake up call for the rest of them.

@seanbeckerleg

Reactions: MikeParkin, seanbeckerleg, musicegbdf and 3 others

One of the questions was

I kindly declined.

You've nothing to hold your hands up for Sean.
What you do with your car is your choice and nobody else's.
I don't use these places, you do, but I wouldn't criticise anyone else for doing so.
The ones at fault are the dicks who mistreated your car and abused your trust.
Hope you get it all sorted mate and they get whatever punishment is coming their way.

Reactions: davc
You use them???? ban him from the forums :D that's worse than letting the muppet in the video drive your car! :p

Lol, life’s too short to do myself every weekend especially in winter

Reactions: S32B and Audi Bairn
Lol, life’s too short to do myself every weekend especially in winter

Think I posted on here when it happened?!? But long story short: Mate of mine went to a hand car wash, the guy washing it smashed the rear side windows when he whacked against it with a wet sponge, rather than stopping, he then continued to wipe the car over with the same sponge along with all the little pieces of glass stuck on the sponge!!! You can imagine what mess that made! His excuse "I didn't break the window, it came in like that!" :blink:

I don't use the valet park at airports .
I stayed at the Radisson years (Manchester)ago and they take the car to the car park , when we got back the car had done 40 miles (I was fuming ) went in and asked if they had been using it as a Taxi , They said no it is 20 miles to the car park , I was that angry I left and went home I should have complained . Now use the ones that allow you to park the car and take the keys and I pick a bit that I like .
Glad the op s car is in one piece and hope the muppet that used it gets done for twok at minimum .

Reactions: richinsoton

One of the questions was

I kindly declined.
it's annoying the guy thought it's acceptable to drive someone's car car like that. we used used the valet parking run by gatwick themselves in Sept but took the old car. They were were alot better than the meet and greets and we're cheaper than them too as well as purple parking

I don't use the valet park at airports .
I stayed at the Radisson years (Manchester)ago and they take the car to the car park , when we got back the car had done 40 miles (I was fuming ) went in and asked if they had been using it as a Taxi , They said no it is 20 miles to the car park , I was that angry I left and went home I should have complained . Now use the ones that allow you to park the car and take the keys and I pick a bit that I like .
Glad the op s car is in one piece and hope the muppet that used it gets done for twok at minimum .

Wouldn't have thought he could be done for TWOC as the keys were handed over and it was parked in their car park as it should have been, albeit he drove like a tool. I don't like to see anyone lose their job but he deserves to lose that and his licence.