vagcom

Steven.c

Auto-Motive Restored Deatail
Reaction score
Hi all, whats a decent vagcom to get there are loads on ebay.. Ive seen some people showing bhp torque and Boost levels using the vagcom, how does this work?

many thanks
steve

THE! only one to get is the proper pucka fully licenced VCDS (formerly VAG-COM) produced by RosTech. If you PM Nige (username NHN on here), he will sort you out with a good price for the proper gear. There's no substitute for the real one. Those things on ebay ARE NOT VAG-COM or VCDS, they are copies and aren't anywhere near as good in my opinion. Plus you get full tech support from RossTech and ongoing software updates ALL free of charge.

Hi all, whats a decent vagcom to get there are loads on ebay.. Ive seen some people showing bhp torque and Boost levels using the vagcom, how does this work?

many thanks
steve

What you are seeing on ebay is just the cable that lets you connect your laptop to your car. I've looked at the inside of a ebay cable and the one from ross tech and they are pretty much the same as there's not much to it.

The vagcom software on the other hand is what you'll need to get from ross tech. The lite version will work with the ebay cable (and will probably come with the ebay cable) and is free to download but IMO you should get the full copy as there is so much more you can do with it .

I use the ebay lead but with the registered ($99) softwIare with no problems at all.

I drive up and down the M5, M6 from Devon to Burnley quite often if any one wants to use it.