VAGCOM HELP

1wheelonly

cabriolet
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
downloaded vagcom
purchased lead/interface

on setting it all up follwing the directions carefully also using the wizard i am getting the message found port OK
interface not found
can anyone help me out as i have the ecu light on and im desperate to find out whats wrong.
maybe a phone number off someone so i can call you and talk through it.
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

it doesnt allow me to, after pressing test it says port ok and interface not found save and apply are not highlighted.

the interface does light up when i plug it into the car though

the interface will light up as the light is taking power from the OBD port, not the computer. If you disconnect the cable from the computer while it is connected to the car you will see that the light stays on.

did you buy the lead from ross-tech? what OS are you running?

I know some of the dodgy leads don't run on vista.

i bought one from ebay (USB VAG-COM 409.1 OBD 2 II CABLE) which i was advised from a few guys on here who have these from him and theres all work fine.
im running windows xp

IIRC that version of vagcom doesnt support canbus, only the newer verisons do. Unfortunately the newer versions only work with the correct Vagcom leads not 3rd party as there is a chip in the lead the software reads.

khufu
what do you suggest, is there any version i can use with this lead or is it a case of a new lead.
others on here advised me that this is the lead they got and it works for them.
getting desperate now as my ecu light is on.

drop terrymcg a PM if you want to get a cheap and cheerful lead that will do the job for you - only runs 704, but that will do what you want.

a lot of the leads on ebay only work with that 409 version which won't do much for you (if anything).

if you buy a lead from terry you can always stick the ebay one back on ebay and get a few quid back for it.

cheers mitch
i darent drive it there with the ecu light on mate, its 100 mile each way for me, was looking forward to it aswell.
thanks for the offer though mate.