Vagcom fault codes

mikerd4

Reaction score
Hopefully someone can help out:-

I had a traction control light come on and was told to get it scanned with vagcom before going any further.

Before I could do that I also got an enginre lamp on (had cam belt changed 3 weeks ago as a bit of background)

These were the faults

Address 01: Engine
Part No: 8N0 906 018 J
Component: 1.8L R4/5VT 0003
Coding: 10710
Shop #: WSC 78392

1 Fault Found:
17748 - Camshaft Position Sensor (G40) / Engine Speed Sensor (G28): Incor. Correlation
P1340 - 35-00 - -

Address 03: ABS Brakes
Part No: 8N0 907 379 E
Component: ESP 20 CAN V005
Coding: 18448
Shop #: WSC 01236

1 Fault Found:
01423 - Lateral Acceleration Sensor (G200)
57-00 - Electric Circuit Failure

Address 22: AWD
Part No: 02D 900 554 B
Component: HALDEX LSC ECC 0006

1 Fault Found:
65535 - Internal Control Module Memory Error
00-00 - -

Can anyone tell me if the fault is related to the cam belt being changed (is it just a sensor?)

Also does the Lateral Acceleration Sensor cost big bucks to change?

I can't remember how much it cost exactly, it was in the region of £70.

This is what VAG mean as the combi sensor (on earlier cars the yaw and Lat accel sensor were in totally separate, different positions) see pic :-

lateral_sens1.jpg

This is mounted to the left hand side of the steering column so you will need to remove the lower cowling.

The G200 sensor is the smaller of the two in the pic.

I ve had my CAM belt changed and had the same cam belt G40 fault come up...:crying:

It was not there before, so I took the car back in, they ve said they cant find a fault with the sensor but they cannot get the sine waves up to check.......???!!!!

They replaced the sensor with a new one but the same fault arises...? They say the belt is half a tooth out. Any ideas...?????

I dont think it can be half a tooth out. if it was one tooth out im sure you would have sone running issues. does the car run and pull ok?

Vag parts are telling me its the abs ecu at a cool 531 plus vat!

£531....:faint: best get a spare as its so cheap

s3ollie

The car doesnt pull as well in 3rd as i remmeber... :S but if it was a whole tooth out as u said surely it would be running like a bag of *****...which it isnt...?

Cheers

P.s Chap at the garage said it could be the Crank sharft sensor....could this be correct...?

Also my MFA always gives me an average of 30-35 mph even when i reset the MFA during a burn on the motorway...? dont spose this is because of a faulty sensor..?