VagCom - ESP ASR etc

GConn

Reaction score
Does anyone know in which channel I can change the sensitivity of the ASR? I want to minimize its interference. We also tried switching it off from channel 89. Still, the car will not accept the setting.

The same question applies for ESP, only the sensitivity part though. I wouldn't like to switch it off.

Thanks! :icon_thumright:

I'll have a look but as yours is a 4wd & updated modules I might not have access to those channels, also asr can be disabled by turning of esp anyway, maybe it requires a security access for that channel before changing the feature:

For today’s typical high-torque engines, a form of wheelslip regulation or traction control (ASR) can increase both comfort and safety, particularly on surfaces with differing coefficients of friction or on slippery roads. It makes smooth starts and acceleration possible through all speed ranges without wheel-spin or fishtailing.

ASR only operates in conjunction with the electronic accelerator (E gas) and uses components of the anti-lock braking system (ABS). If one wheel suddenly begins to rotate faster than the others (slip), ASR intervenes in the engine management system and reduces power until the wheel stops spinning.

ASR improves traction and can help the driver maintain control even if the limit of adhesion is inadvertently reached while cornering. In addition, it reduces tire wear. ASR activation, is indicated by a flashing light in the instrument cluster; it works with the electronic differential lock (EDL) and it is also part of the electronic stabilization program (ESP). ASR can be deactivated with the ESP switch.

http://www.audi.co.uk/audi/uk/en2/tools/glossary/chassis_body/traction_control__ASR_.html

Last edited:
Thanks for the link NHN. I remember that a friend of mine entered the ABS section, channel 89 and turned the ASR off. Then hit save. The status would remain to ON however :think: This guy says he's almost certain he had seen the sensitivity setting in the past, but he wasn't sure if it was on an older quattro B7 A4 or on an A3. Thanks for trying :icon_thumright:

It makes smooth starts and acceleration possible through all speed ranges without wheel-spin or fishtailing.

I though you knew by now...preventing fishtailing is not a good thing :jester:

This maybe a question for Seb/Uwe at RT tbh mate as they hold thousands of queries I should think on there DB, send them a support question if yours is genuine cable that is.

The cable of my friend is original, so I'll ask him to send a support question for me. Thanks again. I'll post the answer when I have it :)

This maybe a question for Seb/Uwe at RT tbh mate as they hold thousands of queries I should think on there DB, send them a support question if yours is genuine cable that is.

Just received an answer after emailing Ross-Tech. They say there is no way to adjust ASR and or ESP that they know of. But we really don't know if we asked at the right place :) NHN, where would you ask for such information? We just emailed RT. Any other ideas?

Why would you want to reduce the sensitiviely of these systems ? when the clearly help you drive the vehicle.

Because I don't want their help during normal driving. I find them to be annoying.

I just like to get out of sidestreets without worrying if the ASR will leave me standing exposed in the middle of the street. I find its interference annoying. I am not asking you people to turn your ASR off :) lol