Vagcom check required on module

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Guys, can you check your vehicle central electrics module in 09 Central Electronics, part number 8P0907279F usually on cars from 05 onwards with xenon/bixenon lights, mostly on S3's as they have xenons oem anyway but any 8P 05 onwards with xenons will do

I would like to know when you go into long coding, does it go upto 21 bytes or 23 bytes in the hexadecimal bits at the top of long coding page, TAB along & count each box that has any settings to tick underneath it, the bytes 21-23 are to do with drl/light settings & I wanna know if F or K had the extra 2 bytes added as gotta mod to do

Thanks.

father in law might be coming round mid morning tomorrow NHN, he has an 07 plate 8p so if no one else helps you before then ill have a look for you.

Oh come on Nigel, call yourself a reseller :whistle2:

Only kidding mate.

Have a look in your labels folder and look up the label file, from what I can see you'll need a 30 byte controller to give you -

8P0-907-279-30-H.LBL

LC,21,0~2,01,Halogen Front Light
LC,21,0~2,02,Xenon Front Light with Halogen High Beam
LC,21,0~2,03,Bi-Xenon Front Light with additional High Beam
LC,21,0~2,04,Bi-Xenon Front Light without additional High Beam
LC,21,0~2,05,Bi-Xenon Front Light with separate Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
LC,21,0~2,06,Bi-Xenon Front Light with LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
LC,21,0~2,07,LED Front Light
LC,21,4,Rear Fog Light as Brake Light
LC,22,1,Daytime Running Lights (DRL) switchable via Menu
LC,22,4,Speed dependant Trunk Locking active
LC,22,6,Rear Parking Lights as Blinker active (North America)
LC,22,7,Diagnosis Rear Brake Lights inactive (North America)
LC,23,1,Advanced Comfort Menu active
LC,23,7,Engine Compartment Light via Right Side Blinker Output active
;

; 8P0-907-279-23-B.LBL (Basis - Supports NO Fogs or Xenons)
; 8P0-907-279-23-H.LBL (Highend - Supports Fogs and/or Xenons)
; 8P0-907-279-30-B.LBL (Basis - Supports NO Fogs or Xenons)
; 8P0-907-279-30-H.LBL (Highend - Supports Fogs and/or Xenons)

REDIRECT,8P0-907-279-23-B.LBL,8P0-907-279 ; 17 Byte (Basis)
REDIRECT,8P0-907-279-23-H.LBL,8P0-907-279-A ; 17 Byte (Highend)
REDIRECT,8P0-907-279-23-B.LBL,8P0-907-279-B ; 21 Byte (Basis)
REDIRECT,8P0-907-279-23-H.LBL,8P0-907-279-C ; 21 Byte (Highend)
REDIRECT,8P0-907-279-23-H.LBL,8P0-907-279-D ; 17 Byte (Highend)
REDIRECT,8P0-907-279-23-B.LBL,8P0-907-279-E ; 23 Byte (Basis)
REDIRECT,8P0-907-279-23-H.LBL,8P0-907-279-F ; 23 Byte (Highend)
REDIRECT,8P0-907-279-23-H.LBL,8P0-907-279-H ; 24 Byte (Highend)
REDIRECT,8P0-907-279-30-B.LBL,8P0-907-279-J ; 30 Byte (Basis)
REDIRECT,8P0-907-279-30-H.LBL,8P0-907-279-K ; 30 Byte (Highend)
REDIRECT,8P0-907-279-30-H.LBL,8P0-907-279-L ; 30 Byte (Highend)
;8P0-907-279-M ; ?? Byte (???)
REDIRECT,8P0-907-279-30-H.LBL,8P0-907-279-N ; 30 Byte (Highend)
;8P0-907-279-P ; ?? Byte (???)
;8P0-907-279-Q ; ?? Byte (???)

Any clearer mate??

father in law might be coming round mid morning tomorrow NHN, he has an 07 plate 8p so if no one else helps you before then ill have a look for you.

That would be great aswell thanks so I have idea when in 07 newer ones were fitted.

Oh come on Nigel, call yourself a reseller :whistle2:

Only kidding mate.

Have a look in your labels folder and look up the label file, from what I can see you'll need a 30 byte controller to give you -

8P0-907-279-30-H.LBL

Any clearer mate??

Cheeky sod, lol, I might be a reseller but nobody knows everything mr smart ****, lol

Anyway yes thats what I needed thankyou, so F would suffice but K seems best to go for as has the extra bytes which therefore would give me newer options aswell, seems drl is in 21-23 anyway which would explain why Matt cant configure his drl's properly on the bixenon install, his is 17, was gonna swap mine for F or K then connect my C to his car so he can configure ok but of course mines only 21, oh well.

Is that what you got from yours, I know some things but these are things I need to learn more about, seems the wiki keeps having things deleted from it all the time, now 8P hasnt got anything in 09 where as did have, gonna email bruce about this as would help if info on there huh.

Mine has a 30 byte Highend.

I find the label files a good source of info, if I get stuck with a coding problem or I want to look at a possible adaption value I have a look at them. Also you can run the long coding helper from the Ross-Tech/VCDS folder and look at the values without being connected to a car.

I think you'll find Sebastian maintains most of the Wiki stuff.

I think you'll find Sebastian maintains most of the Wiki stuff.

well everytime I look on wiki its lost more info so whats happenng Sebastian if he's about.

You can see the history of the changes and from what I can see there have been two in the last 30 days.

Below are the last 500 changes in the last 30 days, as of 18:08, 10 November 2008.
Show last 50 | 100 | 250 | 500 changes in last 1 | 3 | 7 | 14 | 30 days
Hide minor edits
31 October 2008
Retrieved from "http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/Special:Recentchangeslinked"

Also all revisions to the 8P pages can be seen here -

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php?title=Audi_A3/S3_&_A3_Cabriolet_(8P)&action=history

Well I tend to find stuff is deleted rather than updated, for instance 09 has nothing anymore, which is a slight pain, if they are linking to golf 5/other platforms then should be linked properly rather than blank.

what yer think Stu swap out the C for an N as it seems to show highend & 30 byte, just concerns me any wires have moved as mine seems to updated to the K version 30 byte but can I find one for sale, can I hell.

Just checked etka & the K version is still current alongside the N version so somethings different about them.

Plug connections will be the same IMHO.

I have seen, for instance, with steering control units that as the car's evolve ETKA will list the better part as an alternative.

problem is stu, its not a superseded part, its aswell as part which usually indicates its different in some shape or form as it wouldnt list 2 together, I'll maybe get & check plug by plug if I have to huh

But of subject might be near 10 from other forums & AS, gonna pm each person to check.

Yes I was just using that as an example.

I really think it will be ok but you'll need to make sure you sort the coding out properly, it might not be a straight change if some of the bytes are different.

Hi Nigel,

Just been rooting around in my logs folder. Here's the scan for the "F" module fitted to my 07 S3.

Address 09: Cent. Elect. Labels: 8P0-907-279.LBL
Part No SW: 8P0 907 279 F HW: 8P0 907 279 F
Component: Bordnetz-SG H43 1201
Coding: F58E5F27A014100000000000000000000009EE175A0500

and here's a scan for an 08 S3 with a "K" module

Address 09: Cent. Elect. Labels: 8P0-907-279-30-H.lbl
Part No SW: 8P0 907 279 K HW: 8P0 907 279 K
Component: Bordnetz-SG H54 2501
Revision: 00H54000 Serial number: 00000007364128
Coding: 118E0F07A0141000470000000000000000084E175A050000000000000000
(not sure why the forum is putting a gap in all the zeros, it isn't in the cars coding)
The K module lets you fiddle with coming/leaving home delays and other stuff in the DIS IIRC.
Big difference in the coding, I'll let you count the bytes, I'm off for lunch!

If you want to have a little look and see what's what with that Nigel simply run Lcode from the Ross-Tech folder on your computer, paste one of the long codes in and and open the appropriate label file. It'll let you have a look without being connected to a car.

****** site, must have gone down when these updates by your guys were on, thanks I'll follow up as N just bought.

John just counted, it seems to go upto 30 on yours but the last actual 1-9 digit stops at 23 so indicates 23 byte maybe as per Stu's post further up.

Gonna do one connector at a time then vag the car stu see if any issues with the new board.

If you want to have a little look and see what's what with that Nigel simply run Lcode from the Ross-Tech folder on your computer, paste one of the long codes in and and open the appropriate label file. It'll let you have a look without being connected to a car.

I heard from Ross Tech today that we'll no longer be able to do this as all of the Label Files for the next release are now encrypted so that they can't be viewed and that they will be accessed by VAG-COM when connected to a car.

This had to be done due to piracy of the information they provide, I can see the logic but it is a real shame.

Damn right to if this helps them to get rid of all these jokers that keep buying crappy leads then go wingeing it doesnt work or software copied etc etc, I assume this is the beginnnings of this crack down, personally I think they should lock all non ross-tech cables out full stop, cause as we very well know it causes to many headaches, everyone complains I havnt got the money to buy a lead but they soon fill up with gas at £50-£60 a time & mods to the hills at hundreds if not thousands, fed up hearing it tbh, "my lead doesnt work with vagcom properly, then buy a proper one then you wont have problems"

I heard from Ross Tech today that we'll no longer be able to do this as all of the Label Files for the next release are now encrypted so that they can't be viewed and that they will be accessed by VAG-COM when connected to a car.

This had to be done due to piracy of the information they provide, I can see the logic but it is a real shame.

Hmm I will take a backup of them as they stand then. Damn shame as it is useful to be able to look at them and use the Longcode program offline. Especially when helping others in the forum.

I wonder if it could be done so that you could view stuff offline if you have your cable plugged in to you PC (not car).

Paul

Paul

I found it really useful to look through the labels like you say.

I did ask if there was a possiblity of an online calculator but was told that wouldn't be workable.

John me old fruit, any chance of favour, can you login to 09 & goto long coding & tell me do you have settings byte 21 for drl with xenons etc as per link, yours does seem to show 05 from coding which should be bixenon with seperate drl's, just wanna make sure it actually has tick boxes for settings etc, call me anal but before I buy new board wanna be sure I get this stuff fella, you know what audi are like, cheers.

http://de.openobd.org/audi/a3_8p.htm#09

OK we do indeed have 05, Bi-Xenon front light with seperate DRL.

Can I swop my F module for K? (I guess the coding would have to be changed to suit) I've found a picture of this module, it's a D unit on eBay. Where does it live and what the hell plugs into it?? It does look quite busy!
48be_1.JPG

Cool, cheers chap, yes you can swap for a 30byte K as this is the superseded part so will be exact same wiring, you can code it same as yours & then add any difference in extra bytes you want to

It sits under the dash above drivers footwell & pretty much everything plugs into it in some shape or form, cant miss it when you take the trim of under the steering column at the top right & they all look same for the 8P, but trust me fella I've been hunting for K for ages & none on the bay uk/de at all, I have bought the latest N version for the facelift version but I then realised I was stupid to not think about the fact that has led drl's so might differ & also its not a superseded part from ours, so wiring no doubt different, even though I could most likely pin to pin it from elsawin I just dont need hassle as recent door module upgrade showed, but that could also be door module fault, lol, saturday will tell when I get replacement

But I really want the 30byte now as I assume if it has coming home lights bit in later bytes this adds the DIS facilities then no? Also 30byte gives me full xenon/drl facilities, I know someone that might want your F version possibly.

Has yours got DIS coming home lights settings?

Cool, cheers chap, yes you can swap for a 30byte K as this is the superseded part so will be exact same wiring, you can code it same as yours & then add any difference in extra bytes you want to

Cheers!

It sits under the dash above drivers footwell & pretty much everything plugs into it in some shape or form, cant miss it when you take the trim of under the steering column at the top right & they all look same for the 8P, but trust me fella I've been hunting for K for ages & none on the bay uk/de at all, I have bought the latest N version for the facelift version but I then realised I was stupid to not think about the fact that has led drl's so might differ & also its not a superseded part from ours, so wiring no doubt different, even though I could most likely pin to pin it from elsawin I just dont need hassle as recent door module upgrade showed, but that could also be door module fault, lol, saturday will tell when I get replacement

Thanks again. How much was the N version, thick end of £100 I expect?

But I really want the 30byte now as I assume if it has coming home lights bit in later bytes this adds the DIS facilities then no? Also 30byte gives me full xenon/drl facilities, I know someone that might want your F version possibly.

Has yours got DIS coming home lights settings?

Not with the F version, you need a K to get access to byte 23 which holds the "advanced comfort menu active" feature.

You should be able to code up the DRL/Xenons and coming home lights with an F module. Mine has all those features from the factory.

Uh no fella, I got the N for cheap from germany, but new well checked my price list & its more like £200 after discount from stealers, I get 10% usually so it would usually be about £220, if want I can get & post for you if it saves you any with postage thats if you dont get discounts at all

I'm greedy I want all the functions mate so F no good for me, but I know someone that might want yours if you do upgrade

I'm seriously thinking of ordering one tbh as been looking for ages & its now ******* me of as need it for drl full workings, K version is like gold dust on the bay, there are vw K versions but no guarantees of compat fully

can you read german or you just get the basic jist? It all looks complicated LOL.

So if I want a MFSW I need new module & slip ring, if I want Bi Xenons then I need a new module (or is it adaptive) plus the need for VAGCOM, nothing is simple LOL

From what your saying, it sounds like extra functions on the DIS are provided from the modules as oppposed to the DIS itself?

Ebay.de isn't as much fun anymore as when you look at the price, its pretty much the same as being in sterling with the conversion between the Euro :mad:. Not that I ever have tried to buy anything yet...

lol, ye for mfsw possibly need new ring & module, you can have bixenons as you are now but for drl proper working then onboard module update required slick & vagcom for sure
adaptives have to have a different auto levelling module installed & each headlight has its own control module aswell given all signals to the headlights & back to car are canbased to say turn left/right/up/down where as bixenon, xenon & halogen with levelling are signalled back to the levelling unit via just wiring direct to the levelling module not seperate headlight modules with can signalling if that makes sense(sure could word it better)

yeah I would say based on my knowledge all functions in DIS are related to modules installed on car & ecu coding etc, wish ****** 8P tpms would show in DIS as A4 but thats another mod to consider

UH tbh ebay.de is actually alot cheaper on some parts than UK I'd say but it really does depend on the part really huh fella

had a look on ETKA myself. As you said, there is revisions D or K. I'm guessing D is different from E-K(?) and then there is N that you have bought. It may work fine anyhow, the only issue I wonder is maybe it might confuse the bulb warming system?

Looking at the image I just thought it looked like a distribution point for the relays, guess (at that price too!) it does a lot more.

I get what you mean about the module requirements for the adaptive lights :icon_thumright:

the TPMS in the DIS would be a coup lol! Not too sure if it would be possible though.

Do you have any issues getting things delivered from ebay.de?

Well given coding changes the pins actual job so one code makes it a ground, another code makes it a live with certain voltage I am not to sure it would work as its for the facelift & they chnaged the lights for a start & the indicators no longer on sides, but I will be doing some wiring checks to compare pins to pins see whats chnaged now got more uptodate elsawin

Yeah I didnt realise it did so much either, lol

Adaptives, thankgod someone understands me :icon_thumright:

Yeah I actually think the a4 tpms would work tbh & if I can find a cheap module I will connect onto the bus & see if its recognises it

& as for deliveries no, can take a week or so but not to date had any issues, why fella?

Yeah I actually think the a4 tpms would work tbh & if I can find a cheap module I will connect onto the bus & see if its recognises it

Which module? (part number) I saw a few the other day on the bay, I'll see if I can find them again....

You could be right I guess regarding the module, I hope your not for your sake LOL. I guess you have a newer version of ElsaWin, i've only 3.5 that doesn't cover the new facelift.

In regards to the A3 TMPS, I'm not as brave as you. I'd be standing with a fire extingusher LOL

No real reason regarding Ebay.de was just wondeing, its just there are only a few that say they deliver to the European Union. Im guessing that would include the UK as well as the stated Ireland LOL

Well before I get the a4 version looked into I wanna know YTF my a3 version isnt working as I've now reset the system & ****** thing isnt working, supposed to get values in measuring blocks 031 & then the 1st 3 boxes change from 50000 to learned values but mine isnt having any of it, might be some wiring but cant see how cause damn thing shows in dash when reset & beeps at you, just cant understand it at all, now I'm ****** of

Have you got a part number? My parts program is up the spout at the moment... Might have a little play myself!

8E0907273A is the control module from the B7 a4 & it has antenna that sits in the boot which has 4-5 parts which includes retainers page 907-50 along with wheel sensors but best to try & connect the module 1st & see if car allows/recognises it on can then know if would be wise to progress huh cause not cheap parts for sure

Feck it John, I ordered my K version just now, be with me tomorrow afternoon so will update when fitted see if its got what I need, as I have to go to my parts guy for the new battery anyway I thought as its same price as stoke better to get there at same time huh fella.

I'm sure you do this to me on purpose Khufu, lol, add more things for me to test, this one is pretty damn good though huh, guys spent along time developing, impressive to say the least