Facelift VagCarCoding Start / Stop module

T

T-800

Thought I’d share this.

@DJAlix was kind enough to send me one of his Start Stop modules.

This works on the principle of keeping the current start stop button ‘state’ so if you have it pressed to off, it remembers that button state, no matter how many times the ignition is cycled on/off.

The beauty of Alex’s module though is
1) you don’t get the Inactive A symbol in the VC display
2) it can be re-enabled at any time by just simply pressing the SS dash button
3) it has a service mode so you can simply switch off the module (dealer visits etc)

Very simple install (3wires)
It can be either piggy back soldered in / or using scotchlocks / wire taps

The module itself is tiny (smaller than a stamp) so everything tucks back in with no issues.

bddf4bac30120c50c9314356a3ade7f2.jpg

91714af9a81e1095f46d2cc77af9f759.jpg

Reactions: jimojameso, DW81, Sandra and 10 others
I can also vouch for @DJAlix and Vagcar coding.

These SS modules work a treat, are descrete and as @T-800 states adds a memory function to your Start/Stop. function. So many years I have cursed having to constantly turn off the Start/Stop function every time I started the car. These solve that in 5 mins. No errors and you still have full functionalility of the Start/Stop system for when you really do want to make use of it...unlike VCDS / OBD Eleven mod.

Would highly recommend.

Further example pics below

8302AAD1 E5CA 474B BF49 BE5629B41361

BF77D722 D933 4936 9CB1 22D588C93C26

Reactions: Sandra
How does the service mode work?

You long press the button and an Audi Tech appears with a four post ramp / tools, does the service then disappears

Reactions: NevMan, Ozmosis, DW81 and 1 other person
How does the service mode work?
My new version of this module can be placed in to a “service” mode which effectively disables the module so that it cannot be activated or deactivated by any other person via a single press. In reality this mode is prolly not needed however I thought to build it in as Audi / VW Group are actively trying to void warranties.

Edit: I should say that Audi / VW Group would not have a leg to stand on but having a service mode just avoids the potential BS which they might throw at anyone.

Reactions: Ozmosis, DW81, AudiNutta and 2 others
My new version of this module can be placed in to a “service” mode which effectively disables the module so that it cannot be activated or deactivated by any other person via a single press. In reality this mode is prolly not needed however I thought to build it in as Audi / VW Group are actively trying to void warranties.

Edit: I should say that Audi / VW Group would not have a leg to stand on but having a service mode just avoids the potential BS which they might throw at anyone.

Well you’ve gone and ruined a perfectly good explanation as per my post above........

Reactions: Sandra and AudiNutta
Well you’ve gone and ruined a perfectly good explanation as per my post above........
Ok ok.... I will come clean. Service mode is really where you hold the Start / Stop button down for 10 seconds and then an Audi technician “poofs” in to your front passenger seat and stamps TD1 on your dashboard because you have have put an air freshener in your cup holder, and then proceeds to install swirls on your paintwork, while not cleaning behind your door handles!

Reactions: NevMan, Terminator x, Ozmosis and 5 others
Where are these available from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok ok.... I will come clean. Service mode is really where you hold the Start / Stop button down for 10 seconds and then an Audi technician “poofs” in to your front passenger seat and stamps TD1 on your dashboard because you have have put an air freshener in your cup holder, and then proceeds to install swirls on your paintwork, while not cleaning behind your door handles!

Now that’s bitter......*cough* better.

Reactions: AudiNutta
Where are these available from?

Direct from myself. Special Audi-sport.net forum price of £57.50 including UK postage or free installation if you visit me in North London.

Am about to post up some videos of an installation I just completed.

Reactions: neg and T-800
How does the button section come out?

How does the button section come out?

Under the last button on each side there is a slot in to which you insert an Audi radio removal key. Once in you then pull the unit forward using said keys.

Alex I’ll take one mate.
I assume it comes with the scotch block/wire tap bits etc?

Yeh I'll take one too.
f5fb0582e245f9b52d6c37d4b14f77cc.jpg

These the keys needed to remove?

Reactions: T-800
If it works with the A4 I'll take one too + you can install it this w/end ;)

TX.

Reactions: T-800
All we need now is something similar for the drive select button so we dont have to cycle through all the modes to get it back to dynamic every time the ignition is turned off!

Reactions: neg and AudiNutta
All we need now is something similar for the drive select button so we dont have to cycle through all the modes to get it back to dynamic every time the ignition is turned off!

Now that would be a blessing!

Reactions: neg
The installation is very quick and you’ll need the keys pictured above

Amazon do a nice set of removal tools for Dash radio/mmi equipment etc.

The installation is very quick and you’ll need the keys pictured above

Amazon do a nice set of removal tools for Dash radio/mmi equipment etc.

That was a pic from Amazon will order a set to make save me hacking at it

Guys,

Just got done with a very hard day. Will catch up with this thread in the morning and start messaging people want modules. I have limited stock at the moment but it only takes a couple of days to get more. I supply the module, a basic install guide and some scotch locks.

Reactions: JamesBaby, AudiNutta and neg