VAG scandal and remap?

nas1638

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Good afternoon all, I am thinking of re mapping my chariot and my engine is one of the ones caught up in the VAG scandal, i dont know when my car is going to be re called by Audi...my question is this, Do i have to have my car recalled by Audi before i have my car professionally remapped.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Your remap will be wiped by any ECU file update, most tuners will probably reflash it afterwards for a nominal fee (or free) afterwards.

Or don't bother with the emissions update, but then you are letting on it has been mapped if still under warranty.

Reactions: nas1638
I've currently got a Revo Map on my B8 & its out of Warranty, so it's going nowhere near my local Audi garage!!

Great thanks for the feed back, i will get my re map done and not bother bringing it back to Audi as my car is not under warranty!

There is also no reason to get the recall done, all this will do is reduce you power output/torque curve etc. to suit the states. There is nothing wrong with any vehicle they sold, they just do meet the figures as advertised originally, its not a fault.

The bottom line is, if you are out of warranty just ignore any recall, its up to individual owners if when still in warranty the want the power reduction software.

If you are going to remap an engine anyway, ignore the recall, get it remapped and enjoy!!!!