vag----fault code.

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the window motor on the 2002 audi a4 also has control over the central locking?
The electric window motor has a unit attached to it and that unit gets connected by 4 plugs. Ive been told that needs changing but i need to make sure.

VAG-com found this fault : 01031-central locking key switch driver side Unlock 27-10 implausible signal-intermittent

Any ideas? when i unlock doors windows sometimes (95% of the time) come down aswell. All else works fine.

Yesterday i locked the car and left it in a car park,when i got back 35 minutes later windows were open!

I think this is common. I have heard about this before.

They are linked, you can set the controller to make the windows to come down when you hold the unlock button in the fob.

It sounds like the switch is giving the window motor that signal intermitantly in error and the code says to me that you need to change the switch.

I am afraid I am not 100% sure where this is though, or whether that is whay you have seen with the 4 plugs... Sorry.

dragging this thread back to life as my 51 plate avant has started to do the same and also clicks the central locking at low speeds,anyone have a fix for this??????????????