Vag Com (VCDS)

Syvo

IF IN DOUBT GO FLAT OUT
Reaction score
Been looking at these for a while and on the ross tech website they work out to £150 but the software is free to download all i need is a cable which there are loads on ebay and other places on the internet for £10 -£40. just dont understand what it is that is expensive or do you need more than just the lead?

The license is stored on the lead mate so you only get all the features of VCDS with a genuine cable ;)

Well worth getting though. It was the first thing I bought when I got my S3 and it has saved me hundreds of quid.

allways to me rescue m8 cheers will try and get hold of VCDS off here for a price as the ross tech one is in dollers when i converted it into pounds it worked out to be £150 but then got shipping etc ontop

I bought from Ross Tech and it was around £250 when I got it but then I got stung for another £30 import tax :(

Buy from NHN on these forums, he is a supplier and does a good price.

is it easy enough to use? i mean im not a dumbass or anything but its not crazy confusing is it?? lol

ah sweet :sm4: cheers mate! really shoud pull my finger out and get it, shiny things always win me over though!! lol

ah sweet :sm4: cheers mate! really shoud pull my finger out and get it, shiny things always win me over though!! lol

I think shiny things is the reason a lot of people on her dont have VCDS. It's so good you won't know how you ever lived without it once you've got it.

I also like to log airflow before and after any mods to see what difference they've made.

hmmm wish id have got it before i started buying breathing mods :( is it vagcom that you use to activate little features like the doors locking after you start driving etc??

hmmm wish id have got it before i started buying breathing mods :( is it vagcom that you use to activate little features like the doors locking after you start driving etc??

It sure is mate. I've changed my dash illumination, activated the alarm beep when locking the car, and activated the doors locking after 12mph ;)

:ohmy: what!! thats awesome nice one mate cheers for the info :icon_thumright:

It sure is mate. I've changed my dash illumination, activated the alarm beep when locking the car, and activated the doors locking after 12mph ;)

What have you done different on the dash illumination dude, didnt know about that :idea:

Been looking at these for a while and on the ross tech website they work out to £150 but the software is free to download all i need is a cable which there are loads on ebay and other places on the internet for £10 -£40. just dont understand what it is that is expensive or do you need more than just the lead?

Paul hate to say but its not £150 mate, if you get the cheaper KII interface with delivery its £182, then you have all the import taxes to pay, which takes it to over £200, based on ths price you'd be best to get the better interface for the best interoperability, now the interface to have is the hex-can-usb which works on 99.99999% of vag brand cars old/new, this is £244 without any import taxes added, so by this I'd guess its about £270 or more when in hand, so my price is pretty competitive.

Ebay units are for a start usually illegal, counterfeits, no warranty, no utilisation of updates for software, stuck at certain levels, no idea what to expect tbh, no support whatsoever, not trying to scare you into a purchase, but if you can find an unhappy genuine vcds purchaser, then you'll be doing better than me :p whereas numerous people have had issues with clones etc.

Westle, how did you make the alarm beep when locking the car.

Search google for a little app called basecode, that'll do it for you. If you can't find it let me know and I'll email it to you when I get the chance.

A little app ?

How do you get the 'little app' to tell the car to beep? lol

I have VCDS and have done the mod but being a thickie I don't know what you mean or how you get the info into the car without a cable !

Sorry to be so stupid - I don't have an iphone by the way !

A little app ?

How do you get the 'little app' to tell the car to beep? lol

I have VCDS and have done the mod but being a thickie I don't know what you mean or how you get the info into the car without a cable !

Sorry to be so stupid - I don't have an iphone by the way !

Think he means an app which shows the basecodes for vag com to make the car do certain things...... I think lol.

How did you make the alarm beep.

I have an 8P sportback so don't know if it's any different but just go into central convenience module long coding and tick the box that says 'alarm beep on lock' .

Yeah basecode is just an application for the PC (not iPhone) that you put the code of your central locking module into. You the tick the options you want eg. alarm beep, and it works out the new code for you that you then put into VCDS.