VAG COM Audi A3 2011 West London Area

FaisalFazeli

@S333FSL
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

need vag come west london area to update the dashboard speedometer as when i took battery out to do sub wiring, after that it went to a 2004 model dashboard. before it used to show a songs info on the dashboard now it doesnt,

so just really need to update the speedometer computer

thanks

Can you explain exactly what has been done & needs doing as the explanation doesn't add up, you cant just plug in a 2011 cluster, it needs immo programming which vcds will not do.

well basically my dashboard, the middle computer bit where shows your mpg etc.. It used to show the song info then under it the mpg which u can change to 3 different things, and then at the bottom was the gear your in and when to change.. the font was small and looked much better..

I took the battery cable out as i was wiring my subwoofer so after like 2 hours i put the battery cable back in and the song track info has disappeared and the top bit is just empty, the mpg and gear shows but the font is big and its exactly like a 2004 model dashboard instead of how it used to be like a 2011 Dashboard model.

thanks in advance for your help

Pics.

You've disturbed something if you're not seeing audio data after doing other wiring as it worked before you touched the system, are there any warnings in the top section & icons on the speedo that haven't gone out yet?

yes ive changed the stock headunit, but ive fitted wiring harnesses which allows my steering wheel controls to work too. But its strange to me how the font size and the whole design has changed due to just taking battery out for few hours? Is this something vagcom be able to update? or will i have to go dealership?

I'l get some photos tomorow

Are you free on friday? I dont mind coming to you either. Im based in Slough, but il be in Kingston until afternoon at uni then after il be on my way back and if you are close by il come to you.

thanks

Can you explain exactly what has been done & needs doing as the explanation doesn't add up, you cant just plug in a 2011 cluster, it needs immo programming which vcds will not do.

Hi mate,

after some research i know abit more about what i was talking about. Basically my car is an Audi A3 2011 s line with a FULL multifunction display. I changed my headunit to aftermarket with the correct wiring harness so steering wheel controls work. But when i plugged the battery back in and turned the car on, the display has gone from a FULL Multifunction display to a MFI.

This guy has explained the difference of them both: http://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/multifunction-display-mfi-or-mfd-faq-and-menu-settings-mk5-mk6/

theres few pictures of how my display was like when i bought the car, but now its gone to a MFI which is half of a multifunction display. The picture of mine is the one with the white writing saying " 2010 white highline display".

Hope you can help me to turn it back into that.

Thanks

What your saying is that before you installed the AFTERMARKET stereo you had the top RADIO display and since you have lost it?
the issue isn't your car, in fact there isn't even an issue. The factory radio sends the track info to the DIS, but since you have an aftermarket headunit it can't send the track info to the DIS so instead it has turned itself off and resulted in a black window. If you want it to come back then put the factory radio back in and it will all come back as it was.

Reactions: FaisalFazeli
@Ash187.
Hi Ash,

Where abouts are you based in London? I have a 2011 audi A3. It has a rnse fitted an aux port by the handbrake, but there is no aux option on the screen. Can you help me? Im based in west london but dont mind driving as if i have to listen to the radio for 1 more day i will be forced to use public transport