vag codes help

domg

Reaction score
hello i got my car read as the emissions light came on and the iddle has started to hunt between 850 and 875 say the rev counter only just moves a little bit when sat at idle

these were the codes

Monday,22,March,2010,19:24:46:56769
VCDS Version: Release 908.1

Address 01: Engine Labels: Redir Fail!
Control Module Part Number: 06F 906 056 CP HW: Hardware No
Component and/or Version: MED9.5.10 00 5627
Software Coding: 0000072
Work Shop Code: WSC 06435 000 00000
Additional Info: 06F907807A NOX 0306130046 004 3608
Additional Info: Geraet 00000
3 Faults Found:

16544 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B2 S2: No Activity
P0160 - 004 - No Signal/Communication - MIL ON
16543 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B2 S2: Response too Slow
P0159 - 004 - No Signal/Communication - MIL ON
17439 - Intake Manifold Tuning Valve (N136): Setpoint Not Reached
P1031 - 004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent

Readiness: 0100 0001

help as i have no idea what they mean

i have tried a new lambda sensor and has not worked

thanks
progress.gif

hi

thanks for your help i have asked the person that changed it and he has said that it is quite hard to see the rest of the wires as they go up the back of the bulk head but the bits that were were the conector block is looked ok I guess i need to find someone that can check the wires for me then

Try unplugging the MAF, clearing the codes and going for a drive. Then do a scan and see what the results are.

help me understand your logic here Fox. The lambda sensor is clearly not working. Why would you recommend unplugging the MAF? Do you think that is going to solve the problem with the Intake Manifold Tuning Valve? Surely you do not think unplugging the MAF is going to have an effect on the failure of the Lambda sensor?

I am assuming that after the Lambda sensor was replaced, the codes were cleared and then came right back - am I correct domg?

yes bear it did i changed it and then in about 20 miles of driving it come straight back on again
i was a bit confused with the maf thing

thanks for the help i am just a bit lost what to do

I still think the issue is either with the wiring to the sensor or the sensor is seeing oxygen it should not see. Seeing too much O2 could come from a Vacuum leak or from an intake leak after the MAF, or from a leak in the exhaust. Still, the fault codes lead me more towards and intermittent connection problem. But ..... without seeing the car and so on, it's really hard to make recommendations.

I guess my point is this: you've done the obvious, now you need to dig into the less obvious. The questions to be answered are:

What's in common with the lambda sensor?
What would cause the Lambda sensor to report a slow response?

Don't know if this will help but here is a generic test procedure for testing Lambda/O2 sensors: http://www.autodiagnos.com/fileadmi...bulletins/misc/gea_testing_lambda_sensors.pdf

thank you very much for the help where are you based as could always bring the car to you

Located outside of Philadelphia in the US. I suspect it would be a long drive using a pretty good snorkel! lol

ha ha and i think there would also be a little water damage for you to look at ha ha

will have to find some one iver here with as much knowledge

thanks for your help it has made things a lot clearer