1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vag at The Manor 30th June-1st July 2018 Discussion Thread

Sandra Oct 4, 2017

1. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Platinum Supporter S tronic Audi Main Dealer

vag at the manor.jpg

Show Address:
    Dinton Pastures Country Park,
    Sandford Ln,
    Hurst,
    Reading.
    RG10 0SU

We are pleased to announce that VAG at the Manors new home for 2018 will be Dinton Pastures Country Park in Reading.
    To give you a brief overview, we shall be using the now retired 45 acre golf course, overlooking the venues private boating lake. It offers a level entrance from Sandford Lane directly onto the well maintained fairways. The venue gives us better scope for the future as we have total food and beverage rights and space to grow the event.

We hope to see you all again in 2018!

Tickets be available in the link below
    http://www.vagatthemanor.co.uk/?page_id=19

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. oli356

oli356 Well-Known Member Sportback Team Sepang Audi S3 Black Edition S tronic

Will have to check my availability closer to the time.. Dinton Pastures is only a mile from my house though ;)

4. royalsteve68

royalsteve68 Well-Known Member TeamMisano Team Ara Blue Audi S3 Audi RS3

Same here

Crikey thought i was near...about 2-3 miles for me. Short cycle ride

5. oli356

There's a Ara Blue RS3 near me :O want to see haha. Never see them really, S3 yes by the bucket load but not RS3.

I'm before Sainsburys on the Winnersh side of the bridge so yeah, real close..

AudiNutta likes this.
  6. royalsteve68

Could've be mine but i have seen another similar one with black pack around here and in the oracle. Brave man parking in there with the dreadful narrow bays

7. oli356

I meant I was more shocked that there was one near me as I haven't really seen any, probably see more RS6 than any other RS model. Will have to keep an eye out :)

And yeah, the Oracle isn't the best! Not sure there is a much better alternative though..!

8. royalsteve68

Part of the reason why i have a 15 year old peugeot.......sometimes need to park cars in awful carparks, near footy grounds, in dodgy areas, drive into london, lug stuff from ikea, take stuff to the tip, rare trip to the wifes allotment (neither the s3 nor rs3 would make it unscathed)

oli356 likes this.
  9. oli356

Don't blame you.. saw a pic on the RS3 forums of yours at the dealership .... very nice :)

10. MikeSel^

MikeSel^ Moderator Staff Member Moderator TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Team Navarra Audi S3 quattro Manual

Booked my ticket :yes:

Tho wimped out on the camping, so booked into a hotel in Hook - as its a good 3 1/2 hours drive for me..

:racer:

THQuattro and oli356 like this.
  11. oli356

Got my entry pass in the post a few days ago =)

12. Avatar

13. AudiNutta

AudiNutta Moderator Staff Member Moderator Sportback Gold Supporter Team Racing Blue Mica Audi RS3 Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

@Sandra Just decided to still go ahead with attending, went to book a ticket online and in the drop down for club attendance it doesn’t list any club only that I’m not attending with a club. Does this matter for anything on your end Sandra or can I just go ahead and book without assigning a club?

oli356 likes this.
  14. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Platinum Supporter S tronic Audi Main Dealer

2=seconds and I check it out Matt.

15. Sandra

Just go ahead and book. The club tickets sale area is not there. It will have Closed a few days ago for advance tickets. Just buy ticket and ask when you arrive to be directed to asn x

16. AudiNutta

AudiNutta Moderator Staff Member Moderator Sportback Gold Supporter Team Racing Blue Mica Audi RS3 Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

Great thanks Sandra, will go ahead and order now... I’m late on this one, totally forgot about it until my girlfriend reminded me yesterday! x

Sandra likes this.
  17. Sandra

That’s not like you Matt. :)

18. AudiNutta

I know tell me about it, in Tenerife at the moment so I think that helped me forget. Wasn’t sure if I was going to bother going with the show 2 days after I get back, but I know I will enjoy it when the day comes around.

Sandra likes this.
  19. AudiNutta

@MikeSel^ So Mike, due to lack of tent at VATM I’m guessing you won’t need any help setting up on the day?

20. MikeSel^

MikeSel^ Moderator Staff Member Moderator TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Team Navarra Audi S3 quattro Manual

@AudiNutta thanks for the offer, we will have some flags to put up/take down. But currently no tent. Thanks for the offer tho :) see you there!

21. AudiNutta

No problem, can’t wait should be a scorcher.

I’m leaving South Wales at 7, should be with you by 9:30.

22. AudiNutta

The Mica Pup is popping in the sun ready for tomorrow, can’t wait to get it to its first show!

Now cue the dust to ruin the shiny paintwork on the trip down in the morning

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandra and oli356 like this.
  23. oli356

Beauty :)

See you all tomorrow!

AudiNutta likes this.
  24. oli356

Didn't realise how red and burnt I was until I got home. Oh dear!

Nice to meet you all !:)

DJAlix, AudiNutta and MikeSel^ like this.
  25. MikeSel^

@AudiNutta did the new stop start module cause you earache on the drive home?

AudiNutta and oli356 like this.
  26. AudiNutta

:lmfao:

The silent treatment lasted until about when I got to the Severn Bridge, I think it’s sunk in now..... :p

The face wasn’t impressed though when I started it outside to put it in the garage and I said to her “I went to press the button then”.. just to rub it in ;)

oli356, Sandra and MikeSel^ like this.
  27. MikeSel^

Haha good work, I am sure it could easily be fixed with a new pair of shoes or a date night

Good to see you today, your car is awesome - I am jealous :)

Hope the suspension calibration helped!

oli356 and Sandra like this.
  28. MikeSel^

Oops! Seems someone foolishly dumped their BBQ in one of the bins today at Dinton! Luckily the firebrigade managed to keep it under control

1EB82682-0533-4329-9685-63C69954A56E.jpeg

29. Sandra

Glad you guys had a good day. :) x

AudiNutta likes this.
  30. oli356

Looks like we missed all the drama!
    That was a smart idea though with how dry the ground was.... People :)

31. AudiNutta

Uh, she’s coming abroad with me for the third time this year next week so that’s enough for me ;) Been told the spending money is on me now though @DJAlix it was one expensive start stop module ;)

Thank you, equally to you! It was a quiet show and the weather excelled maybe a little too much, looking forward to AITP.

No doubt it has, no bouncing coming off of speed bumps and seems to deal with rollercoaster roads better. It soaks up repeating rolls and bumps better and that’s just on the motorway, not had much time to test on local roads yet but definitely happy and now I know it’s set up right and that’s what matters. Plus even on the motorway, the difference is pretty clear switching to dynamic now.

32. AudiNutta

Is there anything that can be said for the person who thought this was a good idea? :shrug:

oli356 likes this.
  33. Avatar

34. Forbzeeee

Forbzeeee Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Team Sepang Audi S3

I only stayed for an hour as so I didn't get to speak to many of you. My car was covered in dust afterwards so I am glad I didn't spend too long cleaning it the day before. See you all at AITP