VAG Admit Cheating Diesel Emmissions...

Perhaps we should all just wait and see what happens!

Reactions: Jassyo06
A funny quote, (well I thought it was) by Andrew Niel This Week politics programme.

VW have upgraded themselves this week

From the nazi peoples car to the diesel cheat car

Perhaps you had to be there !

Reactions: Martinbanshee and Pulp84
VW to get new Boss, share price seems to be steady and has risen slightly

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34345010

Nordea Bank Sweden major investor in vw has blacklisted VW because the company has violated its code of ethics (A bank with ethics ! )

http://www.wsj.com/articles/nordea-blacklists-vw-stocks-and-bonds-1443088371

Nordea’s team plowed through documents disclosed by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency last Friday, and was particularly concerned that VW executives were warned about emission problems by the California Air Resources Board and the EPA in 2014, but continued to sell manipulated diesel vehicles in the U.S.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/sep/24/volkswagen-vw-carmakers-emissions-tests

But the cruellest thing the industry did was to lobby the European commission and national governments to weaken and delay the adoption of tighter emission tests. More stringent diesel rules, called Euro 6, were proposed eight years ago and are meant to ensure that all European cars are tested in road rather than laboratory conditions. But carmakers, backed by governments, have made sure these will not come into force until 2017 at the earliest.

Every month they delay its introduction, carmakers add to the 400,000 premature deaths, and countless respiratory, cardiac and other illnesses that result from air pollution in Europe. The risks are known, and manufacturers carry on oblivious to the damage being done, determined to carry on cheating the public. If they have their way, the new European tests will not be random, will only be conducted in urban areas – despite the high levels of pollution produced by cars on motorways – and all test cars will be driven on known routes with trained drivers to minimise pollution.

http://www.clientearth.org/news/pre...ing-on-air-pollution-standards-in-the-uk-2979

Last edited:
1.2ltr petrol now affected. Also light goods vehicles and Vans!

If S3 is implicated im gonna go mad !

Had enough problems buying cars from vw and audi then this !

I dont trust them at all now

Isnt it convenient that MOT tests are not for 3 years after purchase !

4 years after 2017.

I can see this going up through the engines in both diesel and petrol and all engines affected. If they can do it on diesel why not on all cars??? Serious question. If they think they gotten away with it for 6 years why not roll it out?!

4 years after 2017.

I can see this going up through the engines in both diesel and petrol and all engines affected. If they can do it on diesel why not on all cars??? Serious question. If they think they gotten away with it for 6 years why not roll it out?!

Even after all the fines, recall charges etc from this VW will probably still be in profit !

Cant wait to see the grovelling if you go and buy one, could hardly get a test drive before this !

This is purely about regulatory compliance for type approval. Regulations are artificial constructs put in place by organisations which are also artificial constructs. We are all complicit in this!

Reactions: xpoweruk
This is purely about regulatory compliance for type approval. Regulations are artificial constructs put in place by organisations which are also artificial constructs. We are all complicit in this!

We are all connected and we all breath the same air

If S3 is implicated im gonna go mad !
Every manufacturer is going to be implicated, and don't think petrols are getting out of this.

The small capacity engines, like the 1.2 diesels and petrols, are even more suspicious to me. Always have been.

Reactions: ACWKGYTO
What were really saying is that weve all been conned by an incredible amount of smoose and clever marketing

Its not really engines that have developed that much its computers and coding

Cheating us into thinking that we were buying into good technology, and buying through the nose for it !

In a way I'm pleased, and I hope, that we will see just how useless off-road emissions tests are.

Engines have certainly got a lot better, certainly in terms of power and economy. However, there is a third side to the equation in emissions that is very, very difficult to get around because more power and economy means more thorough burning of the fuel. That produces more pollutants, particularly nitrogen oxides, and petrols produce a lot more of that than they used to. They also produce more of it as they get older, so defeat devices in MOTs would be quite useful.

In the last decade there seemed to be an obsession with carbon dioxide without looking at other pollutants.

Yes Co2 was focused on rightly in my opinion in the The Kyoto protocol

hence why diesel was pushed, but shouldnt have been at the expense of pollution

It gave the greenlight to diesel engine car manufacturers to grab the market

Who is to blame ?

Published in 02, it looks like the UK followed other European countries into Diesel

http://news.stanford.edu/pr/02/jacobsonJGR1023.html

An exert from the paper "Control of fossil-fuel particulate black carbon and organic matter, possibly the most effective method of slowing global warming"

"Since 1896, when Svante Arrhenius first postulated the theory of global warming due to carbon dioxide, control of carbon dioxide has been considered the most effective method of slowing warming," Jacobson says in an interview. "Whereas carbon dioxide clearly causes most global warming, control of shorter-lived warming constituents, such as black carbon, should have a faster effect on slowing warming, which is the conclusion I have drawn from this study. The Kyoto Protocol of 1997 does not even consider black carbon as a pollutant to control with respect to global warming."

The reason the issue of diesel versus gasoline is important, says Jacobson, is that, in Europe, one of the major strategies for satisfying the Kyoto Protocol is to promote further the use of diesel vehicles and specifically to provide a greater tax advantage for diesel. Tax laws in all European Union countries, except the United Kingdom, currently favor diesel, thereby inadvertently promoting global warming, Jacobson says. Further, some countries, including Sweden, Finland, Norway and the Netherlands, also tax fuels based on their carbon content. These taxes also favor diesel, he notes, since diesel releases less carbon per kilometer [mile] than does gasoline. Nevertheless, the small amount of black carbon and organic matter emitted by diesel may warm the atmosphere more over 100 years than the additional carbon dioxide emitted by gasoline.

In Europe and the United States, particulate emissions from vehicles are expected to decline over the next decade. For example, by 2005, the European Union will introduce more stringent standards for particulate emissions from light duty vehicles of 0.025 grams per kilometer [0.04 grams per mile]. Even under these standards, diesel-powered cars may still warm the climate more over the next 100 years than may gasoline-powered cars, according to the study.

The state of California is implementing an even more restrictive standard in 2004, allowing only 0.006 grams per kilometer [0.01 grams per mile] of particulate emissions. Even if the California standard were introduced worldwide, says Jacobson, diesel cars may still warm the climate more than gasoline cars over 13 to 54 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: xpoweruk
I'm not holding out much hope that my nearly 1 year old 2.0TDI 184 isn't one of them to be honest.
The new 184s are the EA288 engine, so a completely new design. If these are affected then VW are in real trouble.

That decade old TDi engine that they've had so much trouble with is coming back to haunt them. The should have just put the R and D money in to start off with.

Reactions: ACWKGYTO
It gave the greenlight to diesel engine car manufacturers to grab the market
It's not the only reason. Modern diesels are just way more economical than petrol for a wider range of cycles than before, and a lot of interested parties have had to do a lot of work to stem the tide. Besides, most of the pollution you see in a place like London is produced by 400000 mostly large diesel vehicles (no, you can't run them on petrol). You focus on those and you can make a big impact. But, those kinds of vehicles are generally given exemptions.

LA went for natural gas buses with some diesels still running

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/jan/13/local/la-me-buses-20110112

Politicians all over the world are linked to massive corporations who have shareholders

They have a vested interest in making money by whatever means they think they can get away with.

This is what VW have done with politicians help, but they just got rumbled.

We already despise politicians, bankers etc

So when they mess with our cars which are very personal to us

We are now truly angry !!!!!!!!!!

This is an epic shift to mainsteam understanding of the way the world has been working for so long

Who mentioned New World order and the illuminati??? One thing they did say which was interesting was that VAG is a 'State' company. Wee dig suggesting the German Government could be implicated as well?

Who mentioned New World order and the illuminati??? One thing they did say which was interesting was that VAG is a 'State' company. Wee dig suggesting the German Government could be implicated as well?

Karma or Carma

Easy guys
Can we at least try and keep on topic without insulting each other please @Mike J @ACWKGYTO

Reactions: Scottyg, Jassyo06 and ACWKGYTO
Thread tidied up
Can we please move on guys
Thanks in advance :thumbs up:

Reactions: ACWKGYTO, cuke2u and Tfsi gone
Quote Daily Telegraph::

Meanwhile, research by Emissions Analytics, a data analysis company, found only five of 200 diesel cars designed to meet “Euro 6” rules – cleaner air regulations brought in this month – were likely to pass the retests ordered by the Department for Transport.

sorry, I just found this too funny not to share .... from @Nulook on Reddit.

JLBWWH5.jpg

Reactions: Snibo, ACWKGYTO, Twizzler and 1 other person
Just found an article in autoexpress that implies new euro 6 engines could be ok:
--
The Volkswagen Group's share prices have fallen nearly 20 per cent since the allegations began. However, Volkswagen have confirmed that new vehicles from the Volkswagen Group meet the latest EU diesel emissions regulations.

In the UK and Europe, all new diesel cars must meet the new Euro 6 standards where each new car sold cannot exceed 0.080g NOx per km.

Volkswagen said:"New vehicles from the VW Group with EU 6 diesel engines currently available in the European Union comply with legal requirements and environmental standards."

I am hoping that's correct. The 1.6 TDI that I have has 0.065g so there's about a 20-25% tolerance built in. Hopefully that will suffice to please the powers that be!

I have just checked my emissions, 2.0 tdi 184 it's 0.066g.

Reactions: Scottyg
Yes mate, only had it a month MY16 model.

Fingers crossed...!!
I wonder how long it's going to take to get confirmation!