Vacuum reading

Gunner3011

Reaction score
The vacuum reading on my boost gauge reads 0.8ish on idle but if I rev the engine whilst stationary it only rises to around 0.6 whereas I'm sure they are meant to go to 0?

Am I right in what I am thinking? If so any ideas as to what may cause this issue?

Thanks

This is vacuum not boost I'm referring too, from every other gauge I've had and seen it should vacuum to 0 even without being under load

My vacuum is almost off the gauge when i idle, and even on part throttle it will still be under vacuum rather than boost, my car wont build boost unless i give it a decent amount of throttle, i dont think i've ever had my gauge balanced on 0

Maybe I've not been too clear with explaining the problem, with the car stationary, the vacuum sits at 0.8 which is the far marker on the boost gauge for vacuum. When I rev the car it only moves to around 0.6 on the vacuum scale. I'm aware the car will not boost unless under load but as far as I'm aware the vacuum even at idle should decrease to 0? I'm basing this on the fact that friends of mine (Astra Vxr, civic type r turbo, corsa Vxr, seat ibiza Cupra r ) all perform in this way that they will reach zero just off a quick blip of the throttle.

So I'm wondering if this is indicating a fault with my car? A leak etc?

I've had my car looked at by a few people who know their stuff and nobody has commented on anything being wrong with it, as far as i know it's perfectly normal on these cars, because it's a sealed up system if the car isn't boosting then it's going to be under vacuum