Vacuum Cleaner

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
In short, I'm after a vacuum cleaner for the car.

Due to the locations where I clean car I dont have any power or its to far away to run an extention lead.

I've been looking at the Black & Decker 18v Dustbuster Pivot.
I borrowed the one from my mates work a 15mins, then it ran out of power but the suction on it amazing, collect so much dirt and dust from the carpets. I was really impressed.
Only negative point was how long it lasted. From what I think is a full charge to empty in about 10-15mins. I was able to do all the carpets, some of the boot sides and seats. It was fine really for doing one car for the amount of suction you get.

Does any one recommend a different type of hand vac?
Cordless or 12v corded.

where you cleaning it mate in a field lol. not sure about the portable ones but someone will be on here, a nice industrial one should do though.

oh and i received your mail mate many thanks and ill let you know how i get on with it soon. top man

lol.
No, Under ground car park at my mates work or my parking area at back of the house, depending on the weather.
but there is no plugs in the car park, running a lead from car park to house it not an option really. Plus I found the smaller hand held unit easier to use when cleaning the car.

Cool. I was starting to wonder if my office was working after this Ebay crap i'm getting.
Every thing turned up sealed? No leaks?

I bought a Karcher wet/dry one from Tesco, it was on offer in Tesco from £100 to £35 so pretty much a bargain lol great job

I have one of the dyson hand held vacs, great suction but your lucky to get 6 mins out of it and it's way too expensive for what it is!

Why not use your normal household vac? It will be provide stronger suction and use an inverter, about £30 for 300w (enough for a vac). Brand New 1000W USB Car Power Inverter DC12V to AC 220V on eBay (end time 13-Mar-11 03:47:00 GMT)

personally I use a 30m jojo lead and my household vac. 30M CUT-OUT JOJO 4 SOCKET 13 AMP CABLE EXTENSION REEL on eBay (end time 05-Mar-11 10:52:03 GMT)

Yours

Alex

I got a 300W inverter fitted in the boot.
I dont really want to lug a house vacuum around with me and I would not think a 1400W vacuum would work in a 300W inverter.
And for any thing bigger than 300W I'd have to have the engine running when cleaning.
All in all its not really an option.
A decent cordless/12V hand vac would be perfect.

I Might just go for the black & Decker pivot. The pivot head is so usefull.