V6 PWR - 3.0 Quattro

I don't know about you lot but I discovered something new today about my car.

I had my key in bag and after putting it in boot, I closed the trunk but it kept on popping up. I tried like 2-3 times not realising the key was not on me. It was in my bag, so when I realised it I took the key out of bag and closed the boot and it did.

Nice security feature which was accidently discovered today. Imagine the headache if it got closed with key inside :haudrauf:

Reactions: Jakes2514
I don't know about you lot but I discovered something new today about my car.

I had my key in bag and after putting it in boot, I closed the trunk but it kept on popping up. I tried like 2-3 times not realising the key was not on me. It was in my bag, so when I realised it I took the key out of bag and closed the boot and it did.

Nice security feature which was accidently discovered today. Imagine the headache if it got closed with key inside :haudrauf:
Have you got "advanced key" option or standard?

I was browsing through some german forums today and came across this. It was listed under Q5 mods but I tried on my 2012 A6 and coding was accepted. Didn't had chance to test it yet. Anyone else done this or can confirm if this actually works.

Motorway mode takes advantage of the large amount of light and optimized lateral and apron lighting of the xenon plus pig launcher. About sensors, a vehicle electronics analyzed continuously the speed of the vehicle. After a short time above 110 km / h, the system is based on a highway driving and automatically switches from the low-beam mode in motorway light mode. Due to a special position of the aperture in the xenon headlights plus additional light is then focused by an aluminum reflector and far in front of the vehicle is thrown but without dazzling other road users. The sight is more than doubled: from 70m in low-beam mode to 150m motorway light mode. This increase in visibility means to respond to objects in front of the vehicle at a speed of 130 km / h has a gain of 2 seconds. so Motorway mode increases driving safety significantly.

The following coding applies:

1. Select Cent. Elec. - 09
  2. Coding 07
  3. From Drop down menu Select 2 - xxx - RLS (rain and light sensor)
  4. byte 0
  5. Bit 0 - motorway light - Activate

Last edited:
Sounds i teresting, i assume the code is for VCDS users?

I especially like the hidden pig launcher it's definetly a unique feature.

Time for more power

Sportmaxx 20's - Delievered
20" wheels - Ordered
Wagner Competition Intercooler ordered
DPF delete downpipe ordered
RS6 front grill ordered

Stage 2 remap - appointment booked for End of August

i haven't won the lottery as well unfortunately, but it will have an S

Ha, Devilz have they give you an estimate end result from the upgrades? When you getting it done as really interested to see the results :D

Evening all, with regards to 2.0 or 3.0, are all the 3.0 BiTurbo?
Looking at changing to the 3.0 Quattro S Tronic 275bhp from my current 2.0
MPG is currently around 40mpg on B Roads and 45mpg on a run, so praying that its only a drop of around 5mpg

Nope, 3.0 comes in 2 tunes single turbo and then bi turbo, look for tiptronic gearbox if looking for a twin

Ha, Devilz have they give you an estimate end result from the upgrades? When you getting it done as really interested to see the results :D
No estimates. It will be more torque gain than hp for sure.

Will update once it's done.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Goodies started arriving...

3911960a130806c289d1637d14395239.jpg

Reactions: Rhyso and bobby singh
Evening all, with regards to 2.0 or 3.0, are all the 3.0 BiTurbo?
Looking at changing to the 3.0 Quattro S Tronic 275bhp from my current 2.0
MPG is currently around 40mpg on B Roads and 45mpg on a run, so praying that its only a drop of around 5mpg

As already mentioned only the 313/320 versions are the only diesel biTurbo versins (also the S6/7 & RS6/7 are for petrol) the rest are single turbo. I also second the Tiptronic versions if you want to go the tuning route.

Still in the middle of our long journey with our 3.0 biTurbo A7 but over the last 15 hours of driving I've been doing some tests here's some quick mpg figures:

- 150 mile night time motorway cruise control at 70mph = 50.2mpg.

-162 mile night time motorway cruise control at 80mph = 48.4mpg.

128 mile day time A roads drive with variable speeds (40 - 60mph) over moutains with traffic but no stopping = 44.3mpg.

212 mile day time single lane B roads with lots of stopping at pass points and building speeds back up to 60 (also over moutains) = 39mpg.

Usual trips to work and back with light rush hour traffic (50% town/50% motorway) = 35mpg.

Worst ive seen in really bad rush hour accident traffic = 23mpg

It was a big shock going from a 55-65mpg 1.6 diesel but you get over it really quick when theres over 200bhp more than I had and it's really not that bad on fuel if your not flooring it constantly.

Goodies started arriving...

3911960a130806c289d1637d14395239.jpg

It starts :D you forget how big intercoolers are.

Will definetly be a big difference in the cooling head room which will help with your planned mods.

So.....how does it drive??

Any noticeable difference?

Also how is the gearbox holding out and will it cope with the even higher torque?

I also own a S-Tronic 2012 and am thinking of getting a remap. Not hating just interested on your opinions/experience to date.

DL501 gearbox can take 730nm in my experience perfectly fine. Problem is the stock turbo runs out air between 320 to 330hp on a v6.
So intercoolers, dpf delete pipes all help yes but the peak figures won't change much. Just means you can hold this power for longer.

Also how is the gearbox holding out and will it cope with the even higher torque?

I also own a S-Tronic 2012 and am thinking of getting a remap. Not hating just interested on your opinions/experience to date.
I didn't had chance yet to properly drive after upgrade so can't comment. Need to do proper data logging to see how it's coping.
DL501 gearbox can take 730nm in my experience perfectly fine. Problem is the stock turbo runs out air between 320 to 330hp on a v6.
So intercoolers, dpf delete pipes all help yes but the peak figures won't change much. Just means you can hold this power for longer.
That is the plan after stage 2. Still waiting for DPF delete pipe to arrive so I can book my car.

Bigger turbo is something to do sometime next summer.

Thanks for the response.

My 245 avant hasn't missed a bit since new (13 reg). You can push it past 50mpg if drive like a granny and yet I managed 157 MPH on Autobahn... :D
Fully laden (4 people plus all you need for a month worth of hols) it still shifts as a daemon. We did cross continent several times.
Just make sure all servicing was done in time (e.g. s-tronic oil @ 38k etc.) and preferably regular oil changes every 10k (rather than a long-life malarkey).

Sent from my phone...

Totally agree, great economical cruiser

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Qoute from Hurdy Cupra thread:

In VCDS go to the ABS controller, select adaptations, select "starting vibration reduction" from the drop down menu, change the value to "Deactivated"

Now enjoy full power with zero intervention in the first three gears.

I tried it on mine but couldn't find the setting within VCDS. Anyone here knows about it how to do it?

Passenger front tyre got punctured today and found it in this condition when I changed it with spare tyre. I did had tracking done last month but guess the garage didn't did it correctly.

I have changed both front tyres with new ones and need to get tracking/alignment done first thing in morning.

Recommend the garage in Birmingham please
26ad3b23b7070c08731156892dd5edff.jpg
d453c01019590ab5d3a93776570d2572.jpg
0baac815a0a7e71dd4b6700a829415c6.jpg

my C6 used to do that to my front tyres, they look pretty worn out anyway

my C6 used to do that to my front tyres, they look pretty worn out anyway
Yeah but if you look the outside wall it's still got plenty of thread.

Anyways I'm at ATS right now getting the tracking done and while I'm here getting air replaced with nitrogen as well.

It's all over the place. Seems like previous garage didn't knew what they were suppose to do when my car went in for tracking

f9a6afc7be946f982ab9554f871d7048.jpg

That's miles out!!!!!!!!

I'm surprised you weren't driving around in circles lol
I'm surprised as well as there was no apparent sign of it being so out. All sorted now though

Steering feel much lighter now in comfort mode
886be25430e646e916dc3b64f4820401.jpg