V159 Heater flap control motor & access

Stoodge

Reaction score
2014 Audi A4 B8. Problem is no heat coming to drivers side. AC provides cold air to drivers side but I have no heat. Passenger side works perfectly on AC and heat.

I've scanned using VCDS - no faults. I've looked at temperature sensor data and all plausible, ran each heat flap motor, all run ok. with full range being reported. I think its V159 that control heater flap to right side. I can see that V159 is up at the back of the footwell and looks like the pedals are in the way to remove V159. Does anyone have any info on how to remove pedals etc. I think that the steering column needs to come as well... Although V159 runs without faults I'm not sure how that connects to the heater flaps. Anyone any knowledge of this and any pics? BTW no clicking/rattlling noises....

2014 Audi A4 B8. Problem is no heat coming to drivers side. AC provides cold air to drivers side but I have no heat. Passenger side works perfectly on AC and heat.

I've scanned using VCDS - no faults. I've looked at temperature sensor data and all plausible, ran each heat flap motor, all run ok. with full range being reported. I think its V159 that control heater flap to right side. I can see that V159 is up at the back of the footwell and looks like the pedals are in the way to remove V159. Does anyone have any info on how to remove pedals etc. I think that the steering column needs to come as well... Although V159 runs without faults I'm not sure how that connects to the heater flaps. Anyone any knowledge of this and any pics? BTW no clicking/rattlling noises....
Hi Stoodge did you ever manage to replace the V159 in the end? If so was it an absoulte nightmare? I believe I have the same issue in my B8.