V Spoke diamond cut alloy repair

jimnastics

Reaction score
My A4 lease is coming to an end in a couple of months, so I'm thinking ahead to getting it ready for handing back. One of my V spoke alloys had an encounter with a kerb... it's not horrific, but I need to get it sorted. It's not something I've had to deal with before (both handing back a lease car and alloy repair), so any thoughts appreciated. I need to get it back to as close to "like new" as possible I guess. Any thoughts on how much this will cost me? Anyone used and can recommend repair shops in Sussex?

Attachments

• a4-alloy.jpg
    a4-alloy.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 536
A full repair would be in the region of £120.

But...considering you haven't damaged the diamond cut edge, I would be looking at a local spot repair. The lease company will not tell and will be considerable cheaper. To be honest, I doubt you will be able to tell either, they can be decent!

Is the tyre alright...?

A full repair would be in the region of £120.

But...considering you haven't damaged the diamond cut edge, I would be looking at a local spot repair. The lease company will not tell and will be considerable cheaper. To be honest, I doubt you will be able to tell either, they can be decent!

Is the tyre alright...?

Yes I was wondering that... I might have got lucky with it not damaging the actual diamond cut face. So the area I have damaged could be repaired like any other alloy?

The tyre lip got ripped, that's the old wheel in the photo, I've had a new one put on :)

Would they not treat that as fair wear and tear? Surely they would not expect the alloys to be pristine?

The policy is:
Wheels and wheel trims Dents and holes on wheel rims and wheel trims are not acceptable. Scuffs totalling up to 50mm on the total circumference of the wheel trim and on alloy wheels are acceptable. Any damage to the wheel spokes and the hub of the alloy wheel is not acceptable. The spare wheel (including ‘spacesaver’), jack and other tools must be intact, stowed properly and in good working order. The emergency tyre inflation canister, if supplied when new, should be in full working order, serviceable and ready for use. A canister that has been partially or fully discharged should be replaced.

Taken from here: http://www.drive-electric.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Fair_Wear_Tear.pdf

From what I've seen and heard, when sending a car back and the vehicle get's 'appriased' be careful on what gets noted, if you feel that something is written down that's not right, refuse to sign the paperwork.

Personally I'd look at maybe getting a localised repair on it as suggested above, no point in a full alloy refurb, it's just costing you extra money for nothing. At least you'll know when handing back the car all is okay.

I have just handed back a BMW on a business lease that has 20" diamond cut wheels back to BMW UK i was quoted £120 by most local repair companies but BMW said they don't charge if the total damage is less than 100mm and if its more its a standard charge of £60

They also have a £150 damage waiver so if total damage to the whole car is less than £150 they don't charge anyway in the end i paid nothing when the car went back!

My Wife's car was the same but for 4 diamond cut wheels they charged us a total of £240! ( £60 each wheel)

I would check with the lease company as in both circumstances i was just better sending the car back.

That's great chaps, thanks for all the advice! If I did just hand it back and waited for Audi to price it up, can I choose to have the repair work done myself or would I then have to cough up whatever they asked for?

My understanding is that you have to get the work done independently before the car can get collected. I'm in the same boat with my Leon. Using their fair wear and tear policy I've got two scuffs that I reckon will be £60 a pop. However that's way cheaper than the main dealers or refurb company would charge..Got my inspection next Thursday so will see how much the damage is! Buy you have the right to not sign it and get the work done independently before it is finally collected.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I really don't think you'll be charged for that. Handed back my lease GTD with similar damage to one alloy acouple of weeks ago. Had a long chat with the BCA rep who inspected it, and he said the damage would need to be much greater for any charges to be made. Leave it.

Had my inspection today and literally the guy from BCA took no less than 5 minutes to go through and inspect my car. No damages reported, and I thought I would be in trouble with the alloys, but all clear!! So if you haven't had your inspection yet then I'm sure you'll have nothing to worry about...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: TripleD
I’ve got exactly the same on mine but next to the diamond cut piece! ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk