V-Power Ron reduction.

Andy Butcher

Reaction score
Stopped for fuel on my way home this evening, noticed the sticker on the pump and V-Power Ron has been reduced from 99 to 97.
It probably doesn't make that much difference, but my car has been remapped (2015 B8.5 S4) and I was told by the APR mapper to only use said fuel and they stuck a sticker inside the fuel filler cap to remind me.
I will now be defecting to Esso as they launched Supreme+ recently which is 99Ron, it also happens to be cheaper (well in Gloucester anyway) by 8p a litre.

Another good reason to use T99!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 8YARWY
I have read that the esso offering has less ethanol anyway so is better

I've started using Esso synergy 97 in my RS6. Was always using Shell V Power but at my local Shell it's now £149.9 a litre!!!!. MY local Esso 97ron is 6 pence a litre cheaper. I know it's not a lot really on a full tank BUT fuel prices are taking the **** now!!!.

Reactions: Paul McGrath’s Knees
I filled up the GTR yesterday - the pump was still showing 99 ron, wonder if it is just an isolated thing at that garage?

The website currently states it is 99 RON.

Are we too old to be listed , or actually comptiable ?

uk gov web site >> E10 petrol is cleared for use in all Audi petrol driven vehicles, excluding the following vehicles:

• First generation direct injection engines:
  • Audi A2 1.6 FSI, model years 2003-2005
  • Audi A3 1.6 FSI, model year 2004
  • Audi A3 2.0 FSI, model year 2004
  • Audi A4 2.0 FSI, model years 2003-2004
  • Audi A4 Saloon petrol engine models with OEM parking heater, of model years 2001-2008.
  • Audi A4 Avant petrol engine models with OEM parking heater of model years 2002- 2008.

I've tried Esso in the GTR could well be placebo but it felt a bit perkier and I got slightly better MPG (super subjective in the GTR though!)

I've tried Esso in the GTR could well be placebo but it felt a bit perkier and I got slightly better MPG (super subjective in the GTR though!)
I'm using the Esso in my RS6 now after being a fan of Shell for many years. Main reason is the cost, Shell near me is now £149.9 a litre !!!!!. The Esso is a few pence less. Shame the nearest Tesco is 20 miles from me as i filled up the other day when over there & the 99ron was £128.9 a litre!!!!!.

Nearest esso 99 , over 20 miles away , the one down the road , only stocks 97
bid Tesco close by though ..

Reactions: RS3 S.
I put Esso 99 in the Aston today, it was £1.44 a litre

Reactions: RS3 S.