V belt

Ginge247

Reaction score
I need to change the v belt (alternator) belt on my A5 including the tensioner it's the 3.0tdi capa engine, do I need to dismantle the front or can I do it from underneath? Cheers

Hi Ginge,

Just had mine replaced under warranty and they did say they were going to have to take the front off.

Neil

No problem, but I wouldn't take that as gospel. Im not brave enough to get my hands dirty myself but that's what Huddersfield Audi said.
My car was in for a clunking noise at the front but while inspecting it they found something wrong with a mount and the V belt was almost shredded to bits. All being sorted under warranty so good for me.
How often does the belt need changing? Are you just doing it as a precaution?

No problem, but I wouldn't take that as gospel. Im not brave enough to get my hands dirty myself but that's what Huddersfield Audi said.
My car was in for a clunking noise at the front but while inspecting it they found something wrong with a mount and the V belt was almost shredded to bits. All being sorted under warranty so good for me.
How often does the belt need changing? Are you just doing it as a precaution?
There's no specified change interval on the 3.0 tdi, but it is part of the check on a service, so I would guess if it looks in poor condition it would be changed. I'm changing mine because it looks poor, it's started cracking, probably do the water pump whilst it's off