UV Shades or Window Tints???

Which one to go for...

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

mehtaman

Reaction score
I'm really tempted to get a set of these UV window blinds/shades but I can't decided if Window Tints will look smarter.

Does anyone have these shades fitted to their car?
I have searched and found a few interior pictures but would like to know how they look from the outside.

Last edited:
Here you go:

Vanstyle Shades from this company:

Rear door and three-quarter window

P1000391_zpsf97520d2.jpg

Rear window

P1000392_zpsc1cb4ae9.jpg

Reactions: mehtaman
Thank you jdp1962!
They fit the window frames really well, I was a little doubtful of the split rear blind but its hardly noticable.

I have had both; tints in my B6, and the shades (so far) in the B7. They both have their pros and cons.

Shades are cheaper, and can be taken out when not needed (which is eight months of the year, frankly), but they don't look as good as tints, and rear vision is markedly reduced in daylight.

Tints look so much better, but once they're in, they're in, so they are, in effect, a 12-month answer to a 4-month need. Also, they limit the efficacy of the auto-dimming rear-view mirror and, in my experience at least, I found a curious effect whereby the lights of the vehicles behind me were split into multiple horizontal beams by the heated rear window elements.

Like Jeff I've had both too

Shades in my Vectra and tints in the Audi. Personally I much prefer the look of tints both inside and out. Much nicer for passengers too looking through tints rather than mesh. The only plus on the shades is they're cheaper and removable, I made £50 back on them selling them after car had gone.
In the future I think I'd always go for tints though, they just give the car a more exec look IMO.

I have a set of practically new shades for sale. Pm me if youre interested

Thank you for all the input, I think I will ask a local company for a quote on tints to see if there is much price difference.
The new shades are around £85 and I don't think window tints are a great deal more in price (well maybe double the price but with a better finish).

I still haven't ruled out getting the B7 windows tinted. I've just got other things to do first.