Using VSO to check Mileage

metricspaces

Reaction score
Hi folks, following the advice from the sticky thread I checked the mileage of a car on Motoring : Directgov - MOT status check request

It seems that you can only check the most recent MOT? So you can only really gauge if it has been clocked in the last year?

Is there any way of checking the MOT information for previous years?

What I got from the seller was the registration number of the car and the "The document reference number from the V5C registration certificate".

You could use VCDS to check the ECU mileage (records in kilometres). Its approximate but pretty close and i dont believe it is easy to modify.

You could use VCDS to check the ECU mileage (records in kilometres). Its approximate but pretty close and i dont believe it is easy to modify.

Its actually just as easy as the clocks and any gearbox ecu to rewind.

Hi folks, following the advice from the sticky thread I checked the mileage of a car on Motoring : Directgov - MOT status check request

It seems that you can only check the most recent MOT? So you can only really gauge if it has been clocked in the last year?

Is there any way of checking the MOT information for previous years?

What I got from the seller was the registration number of the car and the "The document reference number from the V5C registration certificate".

That is the MOT status check. If you use the MOT history check you can see the history of all MOTs.

Motoring : Directgov - MOT history request