Using Phone Via Bluetooth

SJR88

Reaction score
Does anybody have any issues with using their phone when calling people via Bluetooth? I have my iPhone 7 connected and when I call people they can never hear me properly, I can hear them fine and the signal is fine, however to them it sounds like a bad connection every time. I haven't tried connecting another phone lately but it was the same when I had my iPhone 6s months ago.

I can also hear the radio faintly in the background even if it was muted before a call. Dealer couldn't spot this.

Does anybody have any issues with using their phone when calling people via Bluetooth? I have my iPhone 7 connected and when I call people they can never hear me properly, I can hear them fine and the signal is fine, however to them it sounds like a bad connection every time. I haven't tried connecting another phone lately but it was the same when I had my iPhone 6s months ago.

I can also hear the radio faintly in the background even if it was muted before a call. Dealer couldn't spot this.

I've not had any problems with my galaxy s7 edge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does all the voice commands work okay? I had the same symptoms that you are describing but I couldn't use any of the voice commands or Siri couldn't hear me. I had a defective microphone which the dealer replaced.

Thanks for the replies.

@Rob_F Thanks for the advice. I don't really use voice commands but I'll try it, it might just determine whether there's an issue with the microphone. Any idea if you can hear your radio in the background when in calls?

My sony xperia z2 has worked fine but found the standard volume a bit on the low side...

My sony xperia z2 has worked fine but found the standard volume a bit on the low side...
Yeh I've noticed the volume is quite low too, maybe turning the actual phone volume up itself might help? I've never actually tried.

I have my volume on the phone at max, I just turned up the volume by the steering wheel button whilst in a call...

Thanks for the replies.

@Rob_F Thanks for the advice. I don't really use voice commands but I'll try it, it might just determine whether there's an issue with the microphone. Any idea if you can hear your radio in the background when in calls?

I certainly don't remember the radio playing in the background.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mine doesn't but I wonder if there is a telephone setting within the MMI where you can set the volume the radio mutes to like the parking sensors do.

however to them it sounds like a bad connection every time.

Stupid question, and I haven't tried this, but, during a call if you go to phone on the MMI,then Press right control button and scroll to the bottom to 'Telephone Settings'. In here you can adjust the mic input level. Mine is set to the middle. Not sure if that helps at all?

Reactions: gbrown and cuke2u
Mine doesn't but I wonder if there is a telephone setting within the MMI where you can set the volume the radio mutes to like the parking sensors do.
I'm not sure but I can actually mute the radio right down but as soon as I make a call I can hear it in the background at a really low volume. It's just odd isn't it haha

Stupid question, and I haven't tried this, but, during a call if you go to phone on the MMI,then Press right control button and scroll to the bottom to 'Telephone Settings'. In here you can adjust the mic input level. Mine is set to the middle. Not sure if that helps at all?
Thanks, I'll try this later!

+1 vote for no background radio during calls, betting on a fault for you unfortunately :-( IIRC, the only option I've seen that affects calls is the option to mute navigation instructions or not.

I have to add, this is by far the best in car telelphone I've used, sounds superb and the folk I speak with have remarked on the increase in call quality while I'm on the move too. Impressed.

+1 vote for no background radio during calls, betting on a fault for you unfortunately :-( IIRC, the only option I've seen that affects calls is the option to mute navigation instructions or not.

I have to add, this is by far the best in car telelphone I've used, sounds superb and the folk I speak with have remarked on the increase in call quality while I'm on the move too. Impressed.

Hmm it sounds like I have a fault then. I can hear people fine but they can't hear me so it must be the microphone. I'll have to book it in, again.

iPhone 7 plus owner here, no problem at all...people often reports as if the call is not generated threough BT as the quality is very clear.
With the problem you report, I'd delete the iPhone BT profile, and reset MMI.
Andy

Do a test with SIRI unconnected to the car. And get the answer.
Do a test with SIRI connected to the car. Hold down the voice command button for like 3 seconds, until you here the SIRI Blip.

If command works, you know its a problem with the phone functionality. If the command doesn't work / can't be heard, you know its a problem with the microphone. Which from what you've said, sounds like it is.

iPhone 7 Plus owner here, no problems with phone / BT.

Thanks for the advice, I'll have to try a few things. I haven't drove the car for a few days so I haven't had a chance.

Reactions: PhxViper