Using more fuel in cold

Goubo1

Reaction score
Has anyone seen a increase in the fuel they use in the cold weather ?

not really, but Turbo`s/intercoolers like colder denser air so you may notice a bit more go than during the Summer when is hot.

All cars do use a little more fuel as they take longer to warm up too so are on cold start for longer. I still drove to Paris and back (742 miles on 1 1/2 tanks) last week and that was pretty normal.

Reactions: JoeeS3
All cars do use a little more fuel as they take longer to warm up too so are on cold start for longer. I still drove to Paris and back (742 miles on 1 1/2 tanks) last week and that was pretty normal.

wish I could get that kind of mileage for a tank and half

wish I could get that kind of mileage for a tank and half

I did the 200 miles from mine to folkstone for the channel tunnel and only used 1/4 tank lol. Also I am a really careful and laid back driver, I never drive it hard! Lol

Reactions: Goubo1
I've used a tank and a 1/4 just to go down south and back and thats about a 500 mile round trip from preston so where he gets his 700 + miles from is a mystery to me but i don't drive slow :eyebrows:

I've used a tank and a 1/4 just to go down south and back and thats about a 500 mile round trip from preston so where he gets his 700 + miles from is a mystery to me but i don't drive slow :eyebrows:

I'm usually in 6th at 40mph and rarely go above 3.5k. If I am doing shorter journeys then around 375-400 a tank.

I'm usually in 6th at 40mph and rarely go above 3.5k. If I am doing shorter journeys then around 375-400 a tank.
i put it to you, sir, that your 254 bhp is wasted on such a well behaved driver. I needs a good thrashing, bring it round my gaff and i'll soon empty that tank :)

Reactions: jojo and Goubo1
for us soot chuckers, they change the diesel blend in the winter, so the mpg will drop without any other influnces.