Useless Jack

paddy

Reaction score
Just tried to jack up the car using the Std jack for the first time. Utterly useless as it fouls the S3 side skirts long before the wheel is off the ground. I can see it would be fine with an A3 but no good for an S3.
Glad i found this at home in the drive and not in the pouring rain on the hard shoulder.
The jack is marked A3, wonder if they put the wrong one in the boot ? its been there from new.

My solution to jacking the S3 up is a bit overkill, but it works...
Tj25lp 6 3

I just hope I never need to use the standard widow-maker :seenoevil:

Re Voorhees link above

Well looks like here at Paddy towers its taken me just 7 years to discover what everyone else already knew :) Lot of people talking trolly jack but that's fine at home but do you really want to lug that abouty just in case you get a puncture ?.

Re Voorhees link above

Well looks like here at Paddy towers its taken me just 7 years to discover what everyone else already knew :) Lot of people talking trolly jack but that's fine at home but do you really want to lug that abouty just in case you get a puncture ?.
Don't think there is much of an option other than the flimsy emergency death machine.

Driving on to a plank to lift the car up a bit before using the emergency one will help to not damage the sill, but as I say, I hope I never have to use it.