Used S-Tronic Saloon under £30k

There really isn't much value in the second hand market is there. Although I can't see how many £000s worth of options are added, a one year old car for say £3-4k less than new is as good as it gets? (Carfile has albeit base spec for no more than £31,595 new)

They seem to be so far holding their money fairly well whatever the body style S3.

My dealer had two ex-demos with 5,000 miles on the clock and he reckons a lot of people called up enquiring - easy to shift at the moment

There really isn't much value in the second hand market is there. Although I can't see how many £000s worth of options are added, a one year old car for say £3-4k less than new is as good as it gets? (Carfile has albeit base spec for no more than £31,595 new)
That car would be over £38000 new, metallic paint, comfort pack, front and rear sensors, tech pack, interior light pack.
So £29980 is reasonable value.

£7k worth of options, i wonder if most folk dont care for most of them.

Didnt initially appreciate it was stronic. That interior, whatever my own views, will put people off, so im guessing its been stuck a while and is priced to sell. With another 1k off, starts to seem reasonable.

Didnt initially appreciate it was stronic. That interior, whatever my own views, will put people off, so im guessing its been stuck a while and is priced to sell. With another 1k off, starts to seem reasonable.
It's a nice interior on any colour but white, It goes best with Sepang or darker coloured cars

What is it with Audi dealers at the moment? is the market so bouyant that they don't need to make an effort in preparing their cars? The wheels on that look like it's just come back from testing the quatro out along dusty roads!

They seem to be so far holding their money fairly well whatever the body style S3.

But there's always the huge difference between buying and selling. Imagine what the trade in was?

When I was selling my TTS, it cost £37,000 was 14 months old had 1,400 miles on the clock, was better than new, never been out in the wet. Best dealer offer £21,000

Not here in Ireland.... Mine was 57k euro new 14 months ago and I went in to look at a Golf R, a TT and a TTS all dealers offered me 32k :(

But I don't understand who buys a partially used S3 when the price, if buying on PCP will no doubt be as much if not more than a new one due to the APR on a new model being better than used, one tactic they use to get you in to a new car.

That car would be over £38000 new, metallic paint, comfort pack, front and rear sensors, tech pack, interior light pack.
So £29980 is reasonable value.

Yep, the point I was trying to make was that this is about 4k cheaper than any other used stronic saloon on the Audi website,
and about £8k off new list.

It's a nice interior on any colour but white, It goes best with Sepang or darker coloured cars

I love my lunar silver interior having had black leather forever, but agree it is least suited to white so maybe why they have dropped the price?

But I don't understand who buys a partially used S3 when the price, if buying on PCP will no doubt be as much if not more than a new one due to the APR on a new model being better than used, one tactic they use to get you in to a new car.

I bought a used 3 month old car, it had pretty much the spec I wanted, was available immediately at my local dealer, and still £2k cheaper than anything I could get through carwow etc. I don't do PCP though.

Marmite outside and in, so deserves to be cheap.

Reactions: mister.c.
But there's always the huge difference between buying and selling. Imagine what the trade in was?

When I was selling my TTS, it cost £37,000 was 14 months old had 1,400 miles on the clock, was better than new, never been out in the wet. Best dealer offer £21,000

Sorry to hear that about your TTS - that must have hurt. Not sure if that was fairly recent or not but if it was in the last year or so I wouldn't be surprised where that model really was in its twilight.

I think that if you bought that today you could sell it for £32k-£33k and make a profit. The fact that it has a light interior in a white will appeal to some especially with summer coming.