Used car prices - A4

ZZidane

Reaction score
I'm currently looking at selling my 2017 A4 3.0 Tdi and from starting to think about it in March, to actively doing something about a replacement at present, online valuations are steadily going up.
I reckon it's worth £500 more than it was in March.

Whether the trade in recognises that is a different story, but we will see.

Is this from webuyanycar by any chance?
They do increase their valuation to sucker you in. Then offer you loads less when you visit them. I know, I've had experience not long ago when I sold my 2014 A4 Quattro

The used car market will drop soon enough.

Prices have been increasing due to people losing jobs (handing back their expense PCP / Lease deals) and getting a cheaper car.
Also with lack of new registrations everyone is looking pre-reg / nearly new

It will all sort itself out in time, just remember the higher trade in price you get for your car is all well and good, however the new car will also come at a higher purchase price

The used car market will drop soon enough.

Prices have been increasing due to people losing jobs (handing back their expense PCP / Lease deals) and getting a cheaper car.
Also with lack of new registrations everyone is looking pre-reg / nearly new

It will all sort itself out in time, just remember the higher trade in price you get for your car is all well and good, however the new car will also come at a higher purchase price

The reason why used car prices are going up is because there is a global shortage of semiconductor chips and manufacturers simply cannot build new cars without the chips.

In the states car rental companies sold their fleets during the pandemic and are now forced to buy used cars to bolster their stock. That’s influenced the market over there even more so than us.

Source: me :) I work in the semiconductor industry. Our order books are rammed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan and daytonamart
Bought a 2016 B9 at the weekend, the next cheapest one in Scotland has increased by nearly a grand since I've had it saved on Autotrader.

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

I'm looking at XC60's and they are flying up in price second hand.

The reason why used car prices are going up is because there is a global shortage of semiconductor chips and manufacturers simply cannot build new cars without the chips.

In the states car rental companies sold their fleets during the pandemic and are now forced to buy used cars to bolster their stock. That’s influenced the market over there even more so than us.

Me too ! Lead times are super long and price escalations upwards are everywhere … like 1999 ( and we know what happened next)…

Me too ! Lead times are super long and price escalations upwards are everywhere … like 1999 ( and we know what happened next)…

I’m probably a bit too young :) but I’m assuming you mean .com.

Yep, showing my age .. hold on to your hat, 2022 is gonna be quite a ride ..

Couldn’t agree more, house prices are soaring and banks are giving mortgages to anyone... it’ll be worse than 2008

Any chance you lot can pull your finger out and put some more overtime in. I've been wanting an RTX 3080 gfx card for months now :whistle2::tearsofjoy:

Any chance you lot can pull your finger out and put some more overtime in. I've been wanting an RTX 3080 gfx card for months now :whistle2::tearsofjoy:

Hahahaha, unfortunately we mainly supply the automotive industry. The graphics card shortage is due to flippers and crypto miners...

Having just changed my A4, I can't believe what's happened to prices. In April, WBAC were quoting (online) £16,000, a few hundred more than the PCP settlement. My local Audi dealer tried to get me interested in changing and offered me a Vorsprung 1.5L A3 for over £400pm on PCP with a £5k deposit from me. They were offering me £200 more than the PCP settlement.

Given my A4 was costing £263pm, and in my opinion was a much nicer car than the A3, I began to loose interest in Audi. But it did make think I need to do something before the PCP deal ended this November. My first thought was to just settle the balance and keep the car.

Then I got looking and in short, went for a Mercedes.

The thing is, in the 3 months it took for the new car to be built - and incidentally, the deal was from a dealer some 200 miles away and didn't offer the choice of part-exchange - I obviously kept an eye on WBAC. More importantly, the fact the price kept going up! I t was of course nice to see, even though I'd heard the stories about them offering much less when you actually take the car in.

Anyway, I got a message saying the new car was in on the Monday and would be transported to my office that Friday so I shot up to WBAC to see what would happen. It's not like I really had too many choices at this point, so I was a bit nervous.

WBAC ended up knocking me for £260, 2 scuffed wheels. That's it.

Oh yeah, the point of the reply. They gave me £20,740 for my Audi, up from the £16,000 they were offering 3 months earlier and over £5,000 more than the GFV!!

Reactions: NevMan
Having just changed my A4, I can't believe what's happened to prices. In April, WBAC were quoting (online) £16,000, a few hundred more than the PCP settlement. My local Audi dealer tried to get me interested in changing and offered me a Vorsprung 1.5L A3 for over £400pm on PCP with a £5k deposit from me. They were offering me £200 more than the PCP settlement.

Given my A4 was costing £263pm, and in my opinion was a much nicer car than the A3, I began to loose interest in Audi. But it did make think I need to do something before the PCP deal ended this November. My first thought was to just settle the balance and keep the car.

Then I got looking and in short, went for a Mercedes.

The thing is, in the 3 months it took for the new car to be built - and incidentally, the deal was from a dealer some 200 miles away and didn't offer the choice of part-exchange - I obviously kept an eye on WBAC. More importantly, the fact the price kept going up! I t was of course nice to see, even though I'd heard the stories about them offering much less when you actually take the car in.

Anyway, I got a message saying the new car was in on the Monday and would be transported to my office that Friday so I shot up to WBAC to see what would happen. It's not like I really had too many choices at this point, so I was a bit nervous.

WBAC ended up knocking me for £260, 2 scuffed wheels. That's it.

Oh yeah, the point of the reply. They gave me £20,740 for my Audi, up from the £16,000 they were offering 3 months earlier and over £5,000 more than the GFV!!

Nice one. All’s well that ends well, nice extra cash in your pocket, or at least more deposit on new Merc. Bet you are well chuffed you didn’t go for that “cracking” offer from Audi…Not! £400p/m with a £5k deposit on a 1.5L, madness.

Reactions: Keef
I’ve recently sold my S4 to a dealer, for almost £6k more than I was offered just over a year ago!

Reactions: NevMan