Used Car Inspections

milkyjoe01

Reaction score
Does anyone have any opinions on vehicle inspections? I'm buying a car at £10,000 private sale & i'm thinking of having either the AA, RAC or some other place to inspect the A3 S-Line Black Ed. prior to buying it but i've never used them before (never spent above £4000 before!) so i am totally in the dark about who to use & the pro's & cons of getting someone to inspect it for me. Thanks for any help.

They are both pretty good to be honest, I have never used one as we have mechanics in the family, do you not know any mechanic friends that would be able to come with you??

Also does the car come with a warranty, most garages offer a 3-6month warranty as standard, so you should be ok really.

Just try and check all the obvious things really, vin numbers, pedal wear, mileage, mot history, any strange noises on test drive etc...

They are both pretty good to be honest, I have never used one as we have mechanics in the family, do you not know any mechanic friends that would be able to come with you??

Also does the car come with a warranty, most garages offer a 3-6month warranty as standard, so you should be ok really.

Just try and check all the obvious things really, vin numbers, pedal wear, mileage, mot history, any strange noises on test drive etc...

It's a private sale bud, that's why i was thinking of AA or RAC. If it was a garage then i would have some sort of legal protection but not with a private sale unfortunately. No mechanics in the family just myself as a keen enthusiast but i've never spent over £5000 before on a car & this 2009, A3 S-Line Black is £10,000 that's why i would like a 2nd opinion from someone in the trade. I'm in Stoke by the way if anyone can help!!

Sorry mate, I missed the private bit that you mentioned, there are a few members on here from the Stoke area, so hopefully someone can help otherwise I'd go AA or RAC

Maybe I know others that have used them and have given positive feedback about them.