USB socket 1 illumination?

L_G

Reaction score
The one between the start/stop button the the 12 volt socket, should this be lit up?

I think so but the photos on the internet don't appear to have one fitted..

I'll check mine tomorrow and let you know.

Intriguing, the USB and Aux in the armrest both are lit up on my car so either a 'bulb' has gone or it is intentionally not lit

I had a look today and I don't think I have one between the Start/Stop and 12V, have a couple in the phonebox though.....

Reactions: L_G
Thanks for looking, my car has only one USB under the armrest (along with the aux in) I didn't specify the Audi phone box which might be the reason.

Yes intentionally not lit.

Attachments

• 20181231_060155.jpg
    20181231_060155.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 150
Earlier cars have both USB ports in the arm rest. These were then split with the one in the front. The front one is NOT illuminated. This is by design.

My 18 RS5 has the latter but my mates 17 S5 has the former.

The one between the start/stop button the the 12 volt socket, should this be lit up?

I think so but the photos on the internet don't appear to have one fitted..
Just been out to look, it's hard to see in these pictures, but no it doesn't light up. Turning the lights on manually illuminated the buttons above, the cup holders and the ring around the 12v socket.

Lights on
On

Lights off
Off

Earlier cars have both USB ports in the arm rest. These were then split with the one in the front. The front one is NOT illuminated. This is by design.

My 18 RS5 has the latter but my mates 17 S5 has the former.

Ah, makes sense then as mine is a 17 S5 :)