USB Port for Face lift A3 dash?

V6monkey

Reaction score
Hi - did a quick search using forum search but couldn't find anything.

So can anyone confirm if any companies make a USB port that fits one of the switch blanks below the stereo in a face lift 8p?

Have had a google, but couldn't see one, so figured I'd ask on here - if they exist, someone on here will know. :)

Edit: should add that it just needs to be for a non oem head unit, so just a USB cable in and out sort of thing. No funny VAG plugs required.

Something like this I guess, although this says its for a t5/T6 VW transporter..
driveaudio-volkwagen-t5t6-transporter-universal-dash-usb.jpg

Thanks

Matt

Last edited:
Hmm. Not really. That has the plugs for an oem head unit. Plus it doesn't look like it would fit straight into one of the control panel blanks.

Edit: Although, looking at it properly, it does have a usb connection and perhaps it could fit in the panel. Hmm.

Last edited:
Hmm. Not really. That has the plugs for an oem head unit. Plus it doesn't look like it would fit straight into one of the control panel blanks.

Edit: Although, looking at it properly, it does have a usb connection and perhaps it could fit in the panel. Hmm.

The green part goes in the usb connector and the other end is just a generic usb plug so yes it will work on a non oem unit.
As far as fitting goes in the details it says 13mm height so maybe it fits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, the green plug goes into the USB port. The male end of usb into hu.

ok, understand. Do we think the swithc itself would fit though?

in the golf, they fit like this, but would it fit in a blank of the a3?

installed_open_1_large.jpg

In the A3 it would have to go in one of the square blanks in this panel:

Audi-A3-S3-Rs3-8Pa-2008-2012-Tyre-Traction.jpg

Measure your existing blanks to see if it’s close to 13mm.
Best case scenario will need trimming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk