USB Cables

Psychoscot

Reaction score
Might be a daft question, but can you use a standard USB cable to connect to the phone box USB sockets and use Android Auto/Apple Car Play, or are there specific Audi cables required?

Can't see why not - my dealer gave me the Audi cable but I will try my iPhone cable on way home in a few hours and report back

Reactions: Psychoscot
Standard works fine in mine with Galaxy S8.

Reactions: Psychoscot
Thanks all - I'll make sure I take one with me to pick up tomorrow in case they don't have any USB-C cables!

Anyone have any recommendations for a super short (good quality) USB-C cable? I couldn't find anything that wasn't ridiculously priced when I was looking, so currently have a longer cable with some ties to avoid cable sprawling everywhere...

I’ve always found Amazon basics and Anker cables to be good quality and I’m sure they both do short cables.

Any issues with a Anker products, they are quick to rectify the issue as well.

Edit: Does Audi provide a iPhone/mini usb with every car? If so what’s the quality of that like?

My dealer only had iPhone cables this morning - we're an Android house, but the USB-C cable I took with me worked. +1 for Anker cables (and kit in general).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Ive genuine audi micro usb here sealed if anyone needs them. Usually carry most Audi mmi genuine cables in stock also

In fact I have ordered some myself and they're arriving tomorrow so we'll see how they are constructed. They are braided as well which is better than the supplied cable my s8 came with...