Urgent Please Help!!!!!!

acano

Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
OK here goes,

Today I took my wheels off to clean all my alloys up, no problem I would have thought.
Now all clean and good lokking, BUT!
took it for a drive to the local super market on come my ESP light couple of seconds later my EPC light comes on:scared2:

What does this mean and how do I sort it?

Does any of this have anything to do with me doing my wheels?
Quite concerned as I really need the car tomorrow!

do you no any one with vag-com mate to see whats going on

I've got a dodgy lead which I chucked in the shed just dug it out
the reading I'm getting under command 01- engine as it wont do a auto scan (that's why i chucked it)

1 Fault Found:

18047 - Accelerator Position Sensor 1/2 (G79/G185): Implausible Signal

P1639 - 008 - Implausible Signal

Would this be the cause of the other two warnings?
thanks Tony

Its a 2.0Lt SE if that makes any difference

id think like james said maybe you knocked one of the abs sensors but what are you scaning it with as the codes you put up dont seem to be on ross tech well not that i could see i think they are on the top side at the back of the disc

Last edited:
i have one of them running on 409 works fine any way if you go to ross tech you can download an update for it its free and has more codes maybe try that takes 2 mins mate

mate your sensor is in or around ur brakes..did you clean your arches to? sounds like you might ave disloged something as said above

Did you blast the brakes with the Jetwash by chance??

Maybe disturbed one of the speed-sensors, they sit in the hub and are held in place by a small hexegon bolt ?

Did you blast the brakes with the Jetwash by chance??

just the normal hose which i do when washing the car, I took the wheels off to scrub them up and blasted them well away from the car.

Maybe disturbed one of the speed-sensors, they sit in the hub and are held in place by a small hexegon bolt ?

I'll need to check thanks
I did notice that none of the discs had the retaining screw which meant as i was replacing the front wheels the discs were spinning freely, could this dislodge them? the rears never moved as the hand brake was applied.

i have one of them running on 409 works fine any way if you go to ross tech you can download an update for it its free and has more codes maybe try that takes 2 mins mate

just had look and downloaded the latest vcds lite
I'll give it a scan and see what happens

With any luck it was just a bit of water i one of the sensors which has dried out but I dont get that kinda luck so not counting my chickens:noway:

PS thanks to everyone who is trying to solve this issue
what makes this worse is I have just cancelled my trip away and the wife is nagging in my ear now
Oh and the ****** MOT is booked for thursday so I have to get it sorted:crying:

i would think its not water mate as its always going to get wet there when driving in the rain.
id go with maybe you knocked some thing but in saying that that would be hard as well just for taking the wheels off
hope the scan shoiws a code for it. asfor the wife nagging sorry mate your nackerd no fix for that lol just some flowers but thats just a qwick fix lol

Oh well the scan showed the same code,
Just in case I'm doing something wrong with vcds does it do a full auto scan as i cant get by the ABS point of the scan without it asking for a registered version
It also seems strange after I cleared the code (no warning signs at all ESP, ECP and engine man light) they stayed off while ticking over, took it for a drive and after about 10 mins it came back on again? still responds the way it should with all lights on?

hmmm thats funny is can you find the code on the web site i give you there is a full scan button on it yes try that mine scans the abs thought

OK I have no idea what i have done but it seems to be OK now?:icon_thumright:
I cleared the codes, jacked it up, poked around , took it for a run all seems fine. all looked fine but whatever i done i must have rectified it. Still a bit concerned as to what caused it but at least its cleared, just need to keep an eye on it for a while or at least till it goes through MOT

Anyway thanks to all that helped, its forums like this that makes all the difference keep up the good work:respekt:

maybe it just needed to reset its self i no the esp light stays on if you take the battery off for up to 10 mins when you first drive it so maybe some thing like that hope it
stay off for you :icon_thumright: