Urgent help required !!!!!!

boomtown

Reaction score
Morning everyone,was involved in an accident a few weeks ago, front end passenger corner damage, all repaired looks superb
problems though, steering angle sensor and abs lights are on !!!
Abs light goes out after a short time driving and is working fine, steering angle sensor permanently on though !
garage are saying it needs a new abs module at a cost of £1000 !!!, now this is being done by insurance company, i had no lights on before accident
the bodyshop did a wheel alignemnet, could it be a simple case of them not recalibrating steering angle sensor ?
am being told cannot clear steering angle sensor warning until abs light is dealt with
What can i do !!!!!
any help appreciated
audi a4 3.0 quattro

Your best bet would to have the fault codes read by VCDS / VAG-COM.
It should pinpoint the problem... it could just be a case of a faulty/damaged ABS sensor.
Where are you located?

As Alex says. Vagcom is needed it may be fixable very quickly.

apparently it has been fault read ,new abs module required, i was on holiday though , the garage said the abs module pump was located at the back of the engine drivers side, im pretty sure its on the passenger side next to washer fluid bottle, this is where i was hit in the corner, headlight pushed in, plastic wheel cover pushed back, washer bottle smashed, im thinking this could of caused the problem, maybe knocked it, broke a wire connector etc
Think the garage are trying it on due to being done under insurance
any ideas ?
is it safe to accept the car back and drive with the lights on ?
thanks guys

the abs is working perfectly, took it for a test drive, no probs there, just confused as to whats wrong

Sounds like it might just need the steering angle resetting.
where are you based?

im based in wiltshire, i thought of the resetting steering angle, dont think thats been tried to be honest, apparently garaged said they couldnt clear that code until the abs light is dealt with, but wouldnt the steering angle reset wipe the abs light ?

The abs light might very well be caused by the steering angle sensor. Take it somewhere who knows vags cars... Then pass the bill to he insurance to complete the job... The steering angle sensors just may need resetting....

it apparently went to a very reputable garage in the area, ill give them a ring tomorrow,apparently they said to the bodyshop the abs module is nowhere near the damaged area, its accros the other side of the engine, i thought it was right next to the damaged area which was front passenger corner, all area pushed in etc washer bottle broke

can anyone confirm that the abs module is next to the washer fluid bottle ?

2615023613_79643d612c.jpg

Yep, it's to the left of it.

just as i thought, right next to the collision area, will be fighting this to get repaired through insurance, i had no warning lights before the accident !!!!!!

As already stated ring and tell them the job ain't completed and it's dangerous and wouldn't pass a mot as it stands

If the ABS is working then I doubt the ABS pump/ecu is faulty.

Exactly, its gotta be something straight forward, reckon they went for the easy option, what the hell can it be though !

Exactly, its gotta be something straight forward, reckon they went for the easy option, what the hell can it be though !
read all posts as to what the hell it could be.

well theres posts telling you what it could be
get it on vcds and check but if the garage done even know where the ABS mod is then id say they havent dont The steering angle reset.

Quick update was scanned and confirmed abs module faulty no signal, new unit required £900 inc !
good job the insurance company have agreed to pay !!!
yeah !!!!!!