Urgent help please!

gkf9

Reaction score
Iv'e just tried disconnecting my battery on my A4 Tdi and an alarm went off,so iv'e reconnected it. Now my key fob won't work and im locked out. Was trying to remove the battery to clear the water out where the gromments were blocked.

thanks inadvance

Use the key in the car to open it, then put key in ignition turn on don't start and press the open and close button on remote I think that may sort it out.

I think you must have armed the car before removing the battery hence alarm going off.

Use the key in the car to open it, then put key in ignition turn on don't start and press the open and close button on remote I think that may sort it out.

I think you must have armed the car before removing the battery hence alarm going off.

yeah your spot on, i did harm it like a fool! got the triangle warning light now...ggrrrrrhhhh.

thanks for your help and the quick reply.

The triangle warning light will disappear once you drive it and turn a few corners, the ABS/traction control systems need to re-calibrate the signals from the wheel speed sensors....

My keyfob didnt work after changing keyfob battery. Did the same thing with the ignition and fixed it.
Strange how i knew that this would work (maybe i was an Audi tech in my past life)

Stuck with a replacement cover for my keyfob from ebay though as the internals of the existing one will not come out
Lesson learnt...