URGENT HELP PLEASE DV VALVE

S

Scottamdaddy

Hi All as the title says i need help on my DV valve me and my cousin have pulled the cars intake system apart today and noticed that the DV valve has been damaged

the nipple on the top that takes a vacuum from the intake has snapped off previous owner superglue it back on but we cant get it to set now and now i have to drive it busted just for tomorrow

i need the part asap as it makes a funny sound under acceleration

my questions is this

1 will it damage anything on the interim till i can replace it

2 had a look on euro car parts no luck is this a Audi only part

Thanks to anyone that can give me a fast reply

1.8T 2001

As above should have stock of one of these.

Don't drive it harsh and no high rpm let offs or you risk snapping the turbine shaft.

I guess i was right all along then :tonguewink:

Reactions: Scottamdaddy
Hi Bradderz you was right changed it for a new one from Audi which have told me the part has been upgraded several times so i put it in noticed which the old one had no vac pip going to it as the nipple was bust it burst a pipe that it was connected to.

also no farting sound any more when i let off now its so quite and so much faster i cant thank all of you enough for you help and support i was at a real loss with it all but shes running sweet as a nut now

thanks again all and you bradderz

No probs i new nothing about 1.8T's when i got mine hey id never owned a turbo car before through the years ive learnt ALOT on here and educated myself on the 1.8T i might not now everything but hey who does we all start somewhere.

As the saying goes 'you learn something new everyday' :salute:

Reactions: DrStrange