Urgent help needed!

Cj_sat69

Reaction score
Hi guys i just bought my first s3 8l on sunday. Love the car its fun to drive and comfy wen u cruise round town.
i parked the car up at night and this morning it did not start. The car with the key logo flashes

I have tried the various suggestions such as

- bang under the steering wheel and move it in and out
- reset the car battery
- unlock/ lock with the key
- disconnect the cluster and plug back in

the dealer i bought it from sent a guy to code the key with the immobiliser, he tired three different machines and non of them read the car but there was power cumin thru thru the port to power the computers. My dealer is now refusing to help so i am stuck.

I read on a forum somewhere that the immobiliser can be bypassed, can i do this? I haven't got money to take it to a dealer or keep calling people out as ive just spent all my money on the car. Its left me stranded!

any help will be appreciated, thanks

Seriously? you've had the car one day, it breaks and the dealer is refusing to fix it? I'm sure the dealer doesn't have a leg to stand on and you should be able to recover all your money!

You can disable the immobiliser but that's not really fixing the car. It might just be the reader has failed.

You should get it scanned with VCDS for faults - that may help diagnose the problem.

Liam

Well im going to try speak to them again tmoro so they can cover my cost for any repairs that need to be done, i found it strange that the car did not connect to the computers. He also tried vag tacho i think.

ill tyr get someone who has VCDS

So annoyed i just want the car to start so i can drive it! I hate technology sometimes, load bull-ish

Hmmm. It's been raining a lot. Could be the the ECU - under the wiper scuttle - has got water logged.

It can happen when the drain holes get full of debris and crud.

Is the scuttle sealing against the windscreen properly? i.e. is it flush or pulled away. ECU is dead centre at the bottom of the windscreen IIRC.

To get to it, disconnect the battery, you need to remove the wiper arms (carefully), open the bonnet and pull the scuttle off - taking care to d/c the washer jet tubes and wiring. If the ECU is wet I'd use some electrical contact cleaner to clean out any contaminants and then let it sit in an airing cupboard for a day or two to dry out. The garage should be doing this.

When you re assemble clean out all the grooves and drain holes.

Liam

Hmm ill have to check that out in the morning, hopefully its just that and its a easy fix.

Cheers mate - CJ

Problem solved! It was the clocks which had gone faulty. Even with VCDS plugged in there was no communication with the ecu until the clocks were taken out and plugged back in. Ive bought a pair of clocks and they just need to be programmed to the car.

Take my hat off to rams and kenny at Vagwerkes who came and sorted the problem, id recommend them to anyone asthey didn't give up and weren't too bad on price either.

Finally i can now go out n have some fun in my S3!

CJ

Good work
I've met Rams before, nice chap
I follow some of vagwerkes stuff on Facebook

Problem solved! It was the clocks which had gone faulty. Even with VCDS plugged in there was no communication with the ecu until the clocks were taken out and plugged back in. Ive bought a pair of clocks and they just need to be programmed to the car.

Take my hat off to rams and kenny at Vagwerkes who came and sorted the problem, id recommend them to anyone asthey didn't give up and weren't too bad on price either.

Finally i can now go out n have some fun in my S3!

CJ

Glad it's all fixed! I'd still take it up with the dealer who refused to help... Get some bad reports put in! Or even a complaint... Try get some free stuff :) Everyone else does it.

Yeah im glad too, dealers are always a headache. But i managed to get them to pay for half of the damage.
I would name and shame but it could have happened to anybody.