Urgent Help Needed

luke2702

Reaction score
Hope some one can shed some light here. The Wife has took the car to work this morning and said that the gears seemed a bit stiff (didnt think anymore of it). She has come out tonight and the clutch pedel is stuck on the floor. I have just got the car home by pulling the clutch pedel off the floor and just driving it as normal, is this to do with the cold weather or am i short of fluid some where. If fluid what do i get? Any help much appreciated...

Is there any leaks anywhere? Is the clutch pedal still to the floor or has it some back up?

Come back up and drove fine. no signs of any leaks.. Could it be the cold weather??

the clutch pedal should return back, as there is a big spring attached to it and also the pressure plate in the clutch pushes the fuild back.

If it's staying down, then yes may be low on fluid or maybe have water in the fluid somewhere which has frozen. But the fluid is topped up from the brake resevoir so if that was low then then light would come on.

Have a look under the dash to see if the clutch assembly looks normal, Ie nothing broken or hanging off.

These cars are very common for the little plastic sprogget to brake on the pedal and cause the clutch to stop working. You should be able to tell if that's happened as there will be little bits of white plastic in the foot wheel and you wont be able to engage/disenage the clutch with the pedal

no signs of any thing broke and the pedel is engaging and dis engaging fine now. There was a red symbol on which says in the booklet that it is coolant but that has now gone off. Cant see the level of the brake fluid in the chamber, would this be very obvious if it had some in? Thanks for the any further advice...

I had this happen for 6 or so miles and it's not happened since. But I would like to know what's going on.

same thing happened to me about 2 years ago? just pulled the pedel back up and its been fine ever since.

Just been out for about 30 mile drive not a problem its very strange but all now seems good!!!

I keep on getting this problem gone out this morning and i can't get any gears wtf.

Happend on my Dads A3 once a few years back.... never did find out what the problem was... pulled the pedal back up and it was fine ever after.... it's certainly not the broken pedal problem as this just goes with a bang and your left with a floppy clutch pedal, bits on the floor and no way of getting gears

I've not got the broken pedal so I'm lost got the Rac on the way 2 have a look as it's free.

my mum kept having this exact problem with her TT 225, replaced the master cylinder and everythings fine again.