Urgent help ! fuel pump replaced problem still here !!

Benmk3

Reaction score
Hello guys
basically I've got a 2000 audi s3 ( apy engine ) and I've been having trouble with it after the engines hot
it's perfectly fine cold starting and a few stop start journeys but the after a while the fuel pump won't prime upon turning of the ignition
in the past week I've replaced the fuel pump relay and the pump itself , my temp gauge reads spot on 90 when the fault occurs
I'll leave the car half hour or so and pump will prime and fire up straight away

Any ideas it's becoming a real pain and desperate for a fix ?

Ben

Have you had it scanned? Could just be a sensor, My pump doesnt prime every time i turn the key either.

Haven't had the car scanned due to not having any lights flag up on the dash

Vcds will still find things when the car isn't showing a light. Mine has about 4 errors to do with the central locking that don't show a light.

Would a crank sensor cause this symptom / fault ?

Had same symptoms changed the pump and didn't do any good. Also didn't have any light on the dash. Finally got it scanned and it was crank sensor. Sometimes worked sometimes not. Changed the sensor and everything is fine now. Vcds really pays itself off with this cars i would say.

having this very problem, scanned mine today and crank sensor came up... mine cut out on a busy round about with my 6 month old son in the car.... not good. klappe jus pointed out on my thread where it is and informed me they are 25 quid...

Cheers for your help guys it's much appreciated !! Ill get scanned and order a sensor ASAP