urgent help flat tyre

George_P

Reaction score
Guys do we have a jack in s3? Got flat tyre and a spare but cannot find the jack.

Thank you

Boot, rhs panel near the back - opposite the recess on the lhs, and where the emergency fuel flap release is housed. The whole tool roll should3 be velcroed into position there.

On the Right side of the boot compartment by the Rear light there should be a compartment with a twist lock on in, they've always been in there in my experience.

Well on my ‘18 S3 the jack IS Under the boot floor, in a specially moulded polystyrene block at the rhs by the rear seats. The tool roll was in the rear compartment originally, but when I bought the car I found it also under the boot floor, on the lhs. Seems to vary.

Well on my ‘18 S3 the jack IS Under the boot floor, in a specially moulded polystyrene block at the rhs by the rear seats. The tool roll was in the rear compartment originally, but when I bought the car I found it also under the boot floor, on the lhs. Seems to vary.
No not there either. Think they forgot to supply the jack. Very p...d of right now.

Can i use 16" space saver wheel instead of 18" to drive for 2 miles? Need to get to tyre place.

Space savers are always smaller rims than the standard wheel, But tyre is higher profile, so yes, you can - tho how do you fit it without a jack??

Guys, thank you very much for your replies.
Had a very bad evening and first annoyance with my S3. As there is no jack and did not want to use the weld in a 3 days old PS4 tyre.

My 2019 came with a spray can of gunk and as such NO jack. I believe this is standard. I sourced an 18" spacesaver and jack 2nd hand.
Prior to 2019 when a spare was still available it should have come with a jack as part of the spare pack.

Colin

My 2019 came with a spray can of gunk and as such NO jack. I believe this is standard. I sourced an 18" spacesaver and jack 2nd hand.
Prior to 2019 when a spare was still available it should have come with a jack as part of the spare pack.

Colin
Mine is 2019 as well hence no jack then. I was about to have a go at Audi tomorrow

Just bought an original audi jack from market place for £5 and in search for a spare.

Thanks

When I had the S3 I had 2 flats whilst owning it (once at home and once on the way to a holiday cottage in the pouring rain), both times I called Audi assist out and they had it switched within the hour! He even said its not worth taking the chance using the small jack provided!

Space savers are always smaller rims than the standard wheel, But tyre is higher profile, so yes, you can - tho how do you fit it without a jack??

I have an A3 with 18" wheels. The Space Saver even with it's higher profile tyre is still a smaller overall diameter than the normal wheel, and I queried it when I got the car. But apparently that's ok/normal/what is supplied for use. One more reason to drive carefully on it...

Which I why I always invest in a full sized spare that's kept at home, or, if travelling further afield or abroad, in the boot. Not foolproof, but it helps.

Which I why I always invest in a full sized spare that's kept at home, or, if travelling further afield or abroad, in the boot. Not foolproof, but it helps.
Yes, wheel brace would be handy to have as well. This is the worst flat tyre experience in my 30 years of driving

I have an 18" spacesaver under the raised floor. Next to it lies the jack. Also underneath the false floor I carry a small tool pack with spare bulbs, an extending breaker bar, torque wrench and a couple of builders bags for rubbish. This stuff will fit. The boot is bigger than many think.

Colin

Considering the size of the boot, are you towing a trailer with you to fit all of that

I did have to cut a “hatch” in some of the polystyrene for the end of the breaker bar lol. There’s also a second warning triangle and some jump leads...

The other bits and pieces - tyre pump, wheel changing pins, torch, etc etc live in a plastic box in the boot.

Got a jack and all other tools in my 19 S3, all located behind the offside rear light