1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Urgent Advice needed on how to proceed!

jaguar1187 Feb 13, 2015

1. jaguar1187

jaguar1187 Member

Admiral

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Liquidfusion-S3

Liquidfusion-S3 I fall to peer pressure!

Oh sh*t.... I was going to go with them aswell after my free Audi 7 day insurance expires.....

4. RedTurtle

RedTurtle I floop the pig Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group VCDS Map User Audi RS3 quattro DSG

thats not good to hear, they were one of the few who would insure me, due to only have my license for 3 years... right... need to find a way to retrofit a bubble around the car.

5. malcs

malcs New Member

Oh ****. Picked up my car 2 weeks ago, insured with Admiral, changing that now!

6. Cymru09

Cymru09 Member

I started a claim with Admiral today >_<

RedTurtle and David83S3 like this.
  7. David83S3

David83S3 In my opinion ..... TeamMisano Audi S3 quattro

Good Luck :thumbs up:

8. RedTurtle

RedTurtle I floop the pig Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group VCDS Map User Audi RS3 quattro DSG

+1

9. David83S3

Really feel for you .... I would be going absolutely mental at the party responsible for this!!!:wtf:

I hope you get it sorted soon ....this has been going on for waaaaaaay too long :uhm:

10. SJC

SJC Active Member

Carrier bag??

11. mjcourtney

mjcourtney Well-Known Member Team Mythos TDi Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group

Any photos of it?

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. David83S3

+1 ....I didn't get the carrier bag comment either???

14. jaguar1187

jaguar1187 Member

A carrier bag and tape was used by the first repair company to seal two pipes on my car! I don't know why but this has wound me up more than anything!

15. spencetate

spencetate Audi Fan / all round good egg

:wtf: carrier bag and tape!!! what kind of Garage would deem that a suitable seal/repair FFS... the mind boggles...are trading standards aware? ;)

16. David83S3

.........Speechless ...........:wtf:

17. Brasso

Brasso Well-Known Member Team V6 Team Navarra Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group

Reading this thread I really feel for you. What absolute muppets.

I hope you get the mess sorted out soon.

18. jaguar1187

jaguar1187 Member

I hope so too! I have called trading standards who have advised me on a course of action to take at the moment.

I'm just waiting on Admiral at the moment who are dragging their feet!

spencetate likes this.
  19. JohnM100

JohnM100 Well-Known Member Gold Supporter VCDS Map User Team Navarra Audi S3 Black Edition

+1

20. SJC

SJC Active Member

Recorded delivery letter marked private and confidential to Henry Engelhardt looks like an option if they are dragging their heels. As he looks to be the main man with Admiral. Formal complaints have to be written in my opinion as you end up only having your word against theirs. If things unfortunately have to be taken further you end up with no proof yourself of communication. So take dates times and names of people you speak to also. If I run a company and knew someone was about to report this mess to trading standards, local press ect. Im sure as anything would get someone down the chain to process things faster, as at the end of the day its your name against the company. I wonder how many claims and also bodge jobs must they here about each month?

A carrier bag would make everyone on this forum i bet fizz....

21. jaguar1187

jaguar1187 Member

I've already written in to Admiral to make my formal complaint. They now have 8 weeks from the date of that letter to get back to me with a solution and outcome of their investigation. I have already told them I will be going to trading standards and they didn't seem that fussed tbh. Trading standers were interested though. Just waiting on a report to confirm that they have not used genuine parts and therefore will be in breach of contract.

22. Brasso

If you still struggle it's the sort of thing watchdog would be interested in i suspect.

23. Wish

Wish Member

Insurance ombudsman ..... It will cost the insurance company from the off.

Who was the repairer ?

24. Brasso

Any news yet jaguar?

25. S32B

S32B Well-Known Member Audi A5 S tronic Coupe

wow feel so sorry for you mate, this is an utter nightmare! Who were the clowns that did the carrier bag and tape trick???

Think we need a sticky thread with insurance companies names and how they deal with things!

26. pluves1

pluves1 Active Member

I'm reading this in utter disbelief :eek:

Whilst Admiral aren't helping matters the real culprits appear to be the 'approved repairer'. I'm sure it would help others to be cautious if this 'repairer' was named and shamed.

Pulp84 likes this.
  27. SJC

SJC Active Member

Still no updates. This is one thread I keep coming back to the forum for a look at.

Brasso likes this.
  28. AndyB-S3

AndyB-S3 Well-Known Member Team Panther Team Samoa Orange Audi S3 Audi TT

wow.. just wow.. I used to be with Admiral, glad I changed to Aviva. They have been top class!!

Jaguar I wish you luck with this, hope it is close to being sorted!!

29. jaguar1187

jaguar1187 Member

Well had a phone call from admiral. They have decided the only way to resolve this is to buy me out.

This means I have to get a new car :(

However Watford Audi have been amazing. New car arrived Wednesday plus the spec on this one is basically tick every box possible.

JohnM100, David83S3, Cymru09 and 4 others like this.
  30. ConorA

ConorA Member

That's good you have resolved it, hopefully you didn't get put out of pocket At all!

I'm insured with Admiral and Watford Is my local Audi too.

I'm assuming the car garage that mucked up was in the Watford area as well, could you message me the garages name so I can be sure to steer well clear of them worse comes to worse!

31. greasy Thumb

greasy Thumb Member

Glad to hear you got it sorted in the end. Hear nothing but good things about Watford Audi glad its my local aswell.

32. woollyjoe

woollyjoe Active Member

The brokers on this forum have been good so far and given their business counts on reputation here, they might be a safer bet than the obvious ones. They were also cheaper / same price.

33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. A3_Rider

A3_Rider Well-Known Member

Well all that sweating over Admiral and you ended up with a new car!

Glad its sorted :)

35. The Challinor

The Challinor Well-Known Member Audi S3

I presume the car must have already been in stock then, that's very lucky...

36. mister.c.

mister.c. Active Member TeamMisano Audi A3

Any idea what they plan to do with your old car? Caveat emptor if that enters the second hand market!

37. jaguar1187

jaguar1187 Member

No idea I'd imagine they'd just put some parts on it and auction it. But yes it was in stock. Very lucky. Can't believe the spec on it either. It literally has every option! Happy with the outcome right now

38. Dtwm1

Dtwm1 Active Member

I'm glad you're happy with the outcome after that nightmare. Pics of the new one :audibash:

39. ConorA

ConorA Member

W

What was the name of the approved garage so I don't ever go there? As I assume it was based in the Watford area too?

40. Brasso

Glad you have got it sorted. Sounds like a decent outcome in the end.

41. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member Gold Supporter VCDS Map User quattro Audi A3

Very glad to hear you have a good outcome and a nice to car.

I suppose the moral of all this is only ever take an Audi for repair to an Audi approved repairer no matter what your insurance company says. When you get the new one, make sure you register with Audi Ensurance.

phil1824 likes this.
  42. jaguar1187

jaguar1187 Member

image.jpg image.jpg Thank you all for your help and support. Got a few photo of the new car now! Still can't get over the service from Watford Audi!

Superdoug, Blackwhite, SJC and 4 others like this.
  43. S32B

S32B Well-Known Member Audi A5 S tronic Coupe

Glad you got a good result in the end, a weight off your mind I bet! ;)