URGENT advice needed for the right set of brake pads for BBK.

Rs3Dude

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a 2010 Audi S3 with the full VWR big brake kit upgrade, know I know from this that not all brake pads will fit and I don't want to put any crappy ones are that will leave with me with permeant brake squeal and crappy stopping distance..

I need a front set obviously and I would like it to be done today. I was going to get the EBC redstuff but they are not in stock on the ECP website, TPS don't stock them and I can't find a place in the midlands that stock them so I have to wait until tomorrow should I want the redstuff..

Is there any other DECENT brake pads out there like EBC redstuff that will fit on the BBK? As I don't want to buy and find out they don't fit. Something like brembo perhaps?

EBC redstuff will these fit on the front?

DP31946C Is the part no:

Last edited:
I'm not going to be much help on this with numbers,but have you tried contacting VWR as they were quite useful with helping me on their previous brake kit.

Reactions: Rs3Dude
The chap at VWR who deals with these kind of questions is in a meeting all day so it would be unlikely that I'll get a response today, and likely very late tommorrow.

I really need the car on the road ASAP.

I spoke to someone called AL from awesome Gti who said the following:

The VWR ones are the only ones that we can get ourselves.

Unfortunately as we don’t have any specific part numbers from the pad manufacturer, we can’t cross reference them to any other brand.

I’ve since had word back from VWR, they have the stock ready to ship, so we would be able to have them to you buy Friday if you were to order before 2pm today.

We can get a Ferrodo DS2500 pad for £300.00 inc VAT but these are likely to take a bit longer.

The VWR front pads are 179.00 which is way too much.

The car is going to be sold very shortly as I'm hardly driving, I'm willing to spent say 100 quid on the EBC redstuff pads if they fit.

The calipers are 352mm if that helps anyone to determine if the EBC redstuff will fit.

Reactions: S3Alex
Brake Pads

VWR provides performance street brake pads with each system. However, a standard pad size was chosen to afford customers the ability to run their favorite brands and compounds without proprietary restrictions. 152mm x 54mm x 17mm.

This is for my VWR kit see highlight bit, would anyone know if this would be compatible with the EBC red stuff pads? :(

I am a little perplexed. It seems you need an emergency brake pad replacement. May I ask why this is such a rush issue? You say you hardly drive it.