Upset S3 Owner

There is no excuse for poor driving, but the only safe way of dealing with such idiots is to leave a bigger gap/distance between you and them in order to create a greater safety cacoon around you. Generally that means dropping back or even coming off and rejoining if on a motorway. Don't ever compromise your own safety.

Neh Neh, mines faster than yours! :moa:

Funnily enough, I get plenty of stick at work due to the 'reputation' of BMW drivers. Now I'm waiting for my S3, I am pretty sure they will see Audi drivers in the same light :biggrin new:

Audi Drivers are the wurst.

I never admit to being one in polite company. They just look at you with such disdain, even worse than admitting you're an estate agent.

Reactions: Snibo and Pulp84
I viewed a house last year with an estate agent that drove an Audi. Double whammy. :arco:

Reactions: veeeight, Blackwhite and Pulp84
Lol veeeight - very true.

Imagine my dilemma - do I take my Audi or my BMW for a spin? Either way most road users think your a *****. My neighbours think the same too.

Hoping to sort that in a few weeks time when I post about a little run around I'm getting for Mrs Pulp to compensate getting a car she is too scared to drive.........should raise a few eyebrows on ASN!

Last edited:
Reactions: veeeight and Blackwhite

Way off.

I was hoping to get it this week but surprise surprise this particular brand has let me down. Shouldn't have been a surprise though.

All will be revealed in good time. I seriously believe I might get shunned when I post pics of it mind:tumble:

Audi Drivers are the wurst.

Very good.

Am I the only one that puts the car in third gear, slams on the brakes and then puts pedal to the metal whilst watching the person behind me **** themselves thinking they're about to smash into the back of me?

All will be revealed in good time. I seriously believe I might get shunned when I post pics of it :tumble:[/QUOTE] Pulp84

Never shunned. :friends: :)

Lol veeeight - very true.

Imagine my dilemma - do I take my Audi or my BMW for a spin? Either way most road users think your a *****. My neighbours think the same too.

Hoping to sort that in a few weeks time when I post about a little run around I'm getting for Mrs Pulp to compensate getting a car she is too scared to drive.........should raise a few eyebrows on ASN!

Clio

All wrong. It isn't German I'll tell you that. Already have a BMW @The Challinor.

Cheers Blackwhite :kiss:

Reactions: Blackwhite
Very good.

Am I the only one that puts the car in third gear, slams on the brakes and then puts pedal to the metal whilst watching the person behind me **** themselves thinking they're about to smash into the back of me?

And that's why God gave us dash cams…

Each to there own and I agree the chap in question in the OPs post was probably a complete **** but I didn't buy an S3 to poodle about in! I bought it as a performance hatch that is a bit of a sleeper when other sports cars think there cars fast :)
The adrenalin I get when I get on a motorway or dual carriageway and put my foot down is electric!
You can double that intensity when I have a Porsche or an equally fast car come along side me or race up behind me !!
We would all be boring and classed as robots if we all drove the same but for me, as long as it's safe, and not risking anyone else's safety.... If there's a fast car next time, behind me, or over taking me, then I'm gona have some fun with it D:)

Reactions: The Challinor
I've got an s3 8l as a weekend car soon to have a a3 8v as my main , what am I

Just shows that there are complete knobs in all sorts of cars..............................

Totally agree - I've seen all sorts of knobish driving from people in a Ford Focus, or Vaxuhall Astras.

Also I often used to wonder why people say "Audi drivers" or "BMW drivers" in a bad way. The two conclusions are -

1. The cars are nice to drive and powerful, hence you would tend to drive faster than in other cars.

2. They're a flashy little and like feel they own the road (until a better car shows up).

Have this a lot in the RS 3
It's just plain stupid what other drivers do to try get one up on you....

Well, as we're dissing Audi drivers, I drive an S3 and work for a bank, therefore I claim the 'evil incarnate' label and am the absolute rock bottom pits of society ;)

Reactions: elpaulio, ACWKGYTO, JohnM100 and 4 others
Well, as we're dissing Audi drivers, I drive an S3 and work for a bank, therefore I claim the 'evil incarnate' label and am the absolute rock bottom pits of society ;)

Double *anker !

Reactions: pauly69
Ive noticed a dramatic increase in cars sitting close up behind me ...revving. ..burning passed me and slowing down. Its rather annoying and most of the time they are clearly cars that wouldn't even keep up with me for 2 seconds lol ....i just continue to cruise along at 70mph and ignore them burning off fuel haha

Reactions: Cleggy70 and rvtb101
All will be revealed my friends on 11th April.

Has a nice tie in to the S3 - for all the wrong reasons! A thread to debate on will be created!

Reactions: AndyB-S3 and Blackwhite
All will be revealed my friends on 11th April.

Has a nice tie in to the S3 - for all the wrong reasons! A thread to debate on will be created!

I can't wait! :p

Reactions: Pulp84
So there I was driving on the motorway cruising at 81 and this bell end in an A3 kept creepin' up, so you know, like, I just had to show him who's boss...hahaha /owned na'wha a meeeen??:jester:

I find myself a lot more reserved in driving maybe age may be the car, today was annoying though; M5 would NOT leave me alone on a busy stretch, so I stay well below the limit while he goes off, then stops at the lights and wouldn't stop revving, I mean seriously wouldn't stop. Paid no attention at all.

He didn't like that, so decided to speed up, pull up infront of me and brake hard then drive off...lol :moa:

Reactions: Snibo and Pulp84
So there I was driving on the motorway cruising at 81 and this bell end in an A3 kept creepin' up, so you know, like, I just had to show him who's boss...hahaha /owned na'wha a meeeen??:jester:

I find myself a lot more reserved in driving maybe age may be the car, today was annoying though; M5 would NOT leave me alone on a busy stretch, so I stay well below the limit while he goes off, then stops at the lights and wouldn't stop revving, I mean seriously wouldn't stop. Paid no attention at all.

He didn't like that, so decided to speed up, pull up infront of me and brake hard then drive off...lol :moa:

The S3 has been slagged off in the motoring press for being too plain I find it gets lots of attention.

I get the same all the time as you A3_Rider. Occasionally I bite and there is some gratification to pulling away at a rate of knots that makes you giggle.

Have all sorts pushing me along the road - Corsa / Astra VXR's, Golf GTI's, Type R's, BMW 320d, 325d, 330d etc. The only car that has truly embarrassed me was the last generation M5 (which was like day and night in straight line speed). A new Boxster S off the lights couldn't keep up, but I put that down to the quattro....;)

Reactions: A3_Rider