1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Upset S3 Owner

Snibo Mar 16, 2015

1. Snibo

Snibo Registered User

Driving along the M4 just passed Swansea and overtook an S3.
    Only doing 80mph, so nothing too fast.

Coming to the end of the M4 and noticed said S3 suddenly "bombing" up behind me as we approached the roundabout.
    I duly pulled into the inside lane to go around the roundabout.
    S3 decides he's going to go around the roundabout level with me.
    Once we get to the A48 (Dual Carriageway), S3 is off like a rocket.

A couple of miles further on, I catch-up with the S3 (I'm doing 80mph), he must have slowed to 70mph.
    As I'm coming up behind him, he decides to pull out into the "fast" lane and sit there at 70mph. When he gets past the slower vehicle, he speeds up to 90mph as the road is clear. Then slows down to 70mph.

Does this everytime I come close to him.

Not sure why you S3 Owners may be a little touchy to us A3 Owners - thought we were all in the same Gang !!

David83S3 and Zache like this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. veeeight

veeeight I am a very pretty girl VCDS Map User

Small Pen1s.

JohnM100, Jerodequin, mr gee and 2 others like this.
  4. AlexDR

AlexDR Registered User

No excuse for that behavior but to provide balance, the number of times I have had A3 owners inches from my rear bumper looking for a reaction...(not just A3s I might add but other Audis).

David83S3 likes this.
  5. Liquidfusion-S3

Liquidfusion-S3 I fall to peer pressure!

I've been nothing but a safe driver since owning the S3, I find more BMW drivers reckless than Audi/Merc drivers

A3_Rider and Blackwhite like this.
  6. steeve

steeve Registered User

Just shows that there are complete knobs in all sorts of cars..............................

7. AndyB-S3

AndyB-S3 Registered User

That's poor..gives us A3 owners bad rep. but then you can't filter who is allowed to buy certain cars eh..

I get that a lot with people who think they are driving a Ferrari and try and race me when in fact it is a 1.2 clio with a dustbin exhaust.. I let them "win".. they can then go brag to their mates "oh guys I wooped an S3's *** today"

Snibo, jassyo06 and Madmo like this.
  8. RedTurtle

RedTurtle I floop the pig VCDS Map User

Nothing to do with being an S3 owner at all, the of driver of that car was a complete tw@t. I've been over taken by cars as small as the smart car, doesn't bother me in the slightest. The way I see it, I'm doing 70, if other drivers choose to go faster than me well "meh".

Madmo and The Challinor like this.
  9. Scott

Scott Registered User

I think most S3 owners are bellends...talking from experience

mister.c. likes this.
  10. steeve

steeve Registered User

You are of course entitled to have an opinion, even if it is wrong.:rock:

Zache, Cymru09, jassyo06 and 5 others like this.
  11. Ben Daniel Grant

Ben Daniel Grant 2018 Q5 Sline Navarra Blue missing my Sepang S3

Jealousy makes you nasty IMO of course

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Vins

Vins Sepang S3

I think envious is the word. So you know one or two S3 owners who are 'bellends' and you make a bold statement like that. Pot calling kettle black comes to mind.

jassyo06 likes this.
  14. veeeight

Scott is an S3 Owner and Driver (with a go faster tuning box)

Don't think he is either jealous, nor envious ;)

Vins likes this.
  15. Ben Daniel Grant

Ben Daniel Grant 2018 Q5 Sline Navarra Blue missing my Sepang S3

You can add 'king of banter' ......... Turns off phone and gets back to work

16. veeeight

Well, he could be referring to other S3 drivers that he knows, that drive like complete bellends ;)

(Or who are bellends) ;)

The Challinor likes this.
  17. Bristle Hound

Bristle Hound Moderator Staff Member Moderator

@Scott - Would you care to enlighten us all how you came to this conclusion

jassyo06 likes this.
  18. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

Whatever the car, there will always be those that are genetically challenged...

19. S32B

S32B Registered User

Sounds like a c*ck.

Had a few of those the past couple of days, not Audi's but normal cars. I just go slower and slower until they get the message and back off, then return to normal speed. I don't have to boot it to show them, I know what it can do ;)

elpaulio, jassyo06 and RedTurtle like this.
  20. Bristle Hound

Very polite, I must say :laugh::laugh::laugh:

21. The Challinor

The Challinor Registered User

We've known each other a hell of a long time and I've owned S3's for 7 years of that. What does that say about our relationship lol

Compkiler and veeeight like this.
  22. The Challinor

No he's just calling me and you bell ends

23. Forbzeeee

Forbzeeee Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Oh dear.

24. veeeight

I know, I realised that ;)

Some of it is true ;)

The Challinor likes this.
  25. RedTurtle

RedTurtle I floop the pig VCDS Map User

+1 I do exactly the same, Its completely random as to what car make/model it really is down to the driver.

26. HawkeyeS3

HawkeyeS3 Registered User

I guess there have to be some dipsticks who have bought S3's - well if that's the (sad) way they want to "show off" their S3 by "beating up" fellow A3 owners, I feel sorry for them.

27. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Some good banter going on in this thread love it,new S3 owner here and drive it sensibily like every other car l have owned,its all down to each and every individual...........just 2 hours out of the showroom l had a Seat lbiza FR up my tail....ok l said and pulled in......and let him burn more Demon Derv.....l take things like this as a compliment with a large Tinge of ENVY

28. Brasso

Brasso Registered User

Used to have it in the RS250 with some gti golf drivers, had it tonight with an amg cls merc and I was in the wife's 0.9tce Clio.

As above I agree it's the drivers not the car.

29. Vorbis

Vorbis Registered User

Reported to police as op admitted speeding lol

Snibo likes this.
  30. nickatkinson

nickatkinson Registered User

there are loads of idiots driving around and probability would have it that some are in S3s but not seen many. You just got one of the fools who happened to be in an s3.

The drivers that consistently and regularly amaze me as being utter idiots have been Quashqai and Duke drivers....again this is surely coincidence, but Jesus christ, you would think they were in a Nissan GTR the way they drive up behind me and try to undertake and overtake In busy traffic...this has happened ALOT. Please....

31. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

Have I not always been?

32. Flibble

Flibble Registered User

I like to play the how slow can we go game; just ease off and go slower and slower until they overtake. Think I managed to get down to around 45 mph on a motorway before. ;)

33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. pat15312

pat15312 Registered User

Just another w***er Audi driver.....................

35. Orange225

Orange225 Registered User

I find it's the small cars lately, fiesta's/micras, had one last week on the motorway in a 50 zone I was doing 55 overtaking in the outside lane then had a fiesta come flying up behind me flashing his lights, then because I wouldn't pull in as I was overtaking, he decided to undertake me and nearly take the read of the car inside me and the front of me as he squeezed through, then to take the junction 300 yards later.

36. Bristle Hound

[​IMG]
    :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Blackwhite likes this.
  37. Blackwhite

Blackwhite Registered User

Wow BH. That was so loud I could hear it way over here! :p ^

38. Dtwm1

Dtwm1 Registered User

There is just a general hate towards Audi drivers, whether its envy or some drivers giving the brand a bad name or in my case "You're too young to be driving that, I've worked X amount of years and only have a XXXXX" its something we just have to accept. Going back to the OP its all down to the driver.

39. Nimbus265

Nimbus265 Guest

so I was on the M4 today from Swindon to Bristol - and not in a hurray. Sat at about 70 on cruise control all the way there and all the way back. I had 2 A3 drivers one in an 8V 2.0TFSI and one in a 8P TDI egging me on, pulling along side and then pulling away fast then slowing down again. I didn't bite; got 37MPG instead, knowing full well that I had the means - but no desire..... Last week and a black 8P S3 about 3 feet from my back bumper egging me on; its quite satisfying just to pull in and not make their day by putting my foot down...

Brasso likes this.
  40. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

No I was actually being honest, or trying to be. Unfortunately my effort appears to have been misread. Perhaps honesty is in short supply here?

41. PhatGit

PhatGit Registered User

Last few weeks it has been A3 TDIs, Citroen Picasos and DS that have been trying to goad a reaction from me. As S32B put it, I know what it can do.
    I do drive a lot more sedately since I got the S3 and really don't feel the need to prove it can shift, most of the time. But every now and then.....

42. Bristle Hound

Didn't mean to cause offence my friend. I was just trying to have a laugh and keep it light hearted
    Will remember for next time :)

43. The Challinor

I just let myself get taken in, someone wants to test me. Game on.