Uprated PCV breather hoses

curlo

Reaction score
Hey all. Is anyone aware of any aftermarket breather hoses designed to be used with the OEM PCV in the EA888.1 engine?

I'm looking to replace the nasty corrugated front and rear breather hoses on my 8P 2.0 TFSI (CCZA engine, also found in the Mk6 GTI).

ECS do an upgraded kit for the 8V/Mk7 Golf (see here) and one for the FSI engine (see here) but I can't find anything specifically designed for my engine.

I'm not looking to blank off the PCV or install a catch can...I just want to lose the crappy plastic pipes which look like cheap conduit!! :puke2:

Try asking on the 8V forum as your engine is different to the units used in the 8P

Try asking on the 8V forum as your engine is different to the units used in the 8P
Hi and thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not aware of that engine going into the 8V - my understanding was that the EA888.3 engine went into the 8V chassis (the MQB platform). My car is an 8P and has the EA888.1. Happy to be corrected though!

following
Have just been in a webchat with ECS who have confirmed that they don't have anything for this engine. Let's see if anyone on here has any other suggestions!

Hi and thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not aware of that engine going into the 8V - my understanding was that the EA888.3 engine went into the 8V chassis (the MQB platform). My car is an 8P and has the EA888.1. Happy to be corrected though!

No, I think it is me that is getting it wrong! Very sorry, not trying to get rid of you. I need to get my facts right!

Reactions: curlo
Righto, after a decent amount of research it's clear that there aren't any suppliers out there making such sets for this engine. But... I've discovered that the OEM connectors are Norma V2 (link here) so making up a set of hoses would simply be a case of getting 2x suitable lengths of AN-10 hose (eg. here), 3x V2 connectors and 1x hose clip (eg. here). I sense a COVID-19 lock-down project is on the cards..

Reactions: Charlie23