Upgrading Turbocharger

[ QUOTE ]
Who me?if so no s3 just a3 quattro sport and i already have a hybrid ko4 lined up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gifAndy

[/ QUOTE ]

Think he was talking about other Andy (amb276s3)

Yeah, i was.
On a side note i'm up and running again ,brand new shiny TB fitted.

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, i was.
On a side note i'm up and running again ,brand new shiny TB fitted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great!

Forgive the potentially dumb question but how critical is the choice of turbo charger? I don't mean dimensionally, but type, product no. etc.

For exampe Sportec use a K04.230 for their upgrade to 190bhp s-line with BEX engine. AMD use K04 but not sure which one. Is there an alternative from another manufacturer?

Also how do the tuners manage to get so much bhp out of Leon R's and S3's without changing the turbo. The starting point of these engines isn't that much higher in terms of bhp.

Cheers

As far as i know the S3s LCRs have forged low comp pistons etc, and larger injectors and poss some other bits.

[ QUOTE ]
Andy ,What year is your s3?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi my S3 is a Jan 02 last of the 210hp, sorry i've been a while responding. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Hi Andy,
If you wait a while jabba are working on a kit for the me7.5 ecu.Better than amd stuff.

So I`ve pulled the plug on the AmD remap cause it was so lacking.

Replaced it with a MTM now Im a happy camper.

On Friday its going down to Janspeed for a RR and will see how it goes.

SimonS3MTM

[ QUOTE ]
So I`ve pulled the plug on the AmD remap cause it was so lacking.

Replaced it with a MTM now Im a happy camper.

On Friday its going down to Janspeed for a RR and will see how it goes.

SimonS3MTM

[/ QUOTE ]

This all gets interesting again...

hi all im new the site nd i have had my audi a3 1.8t sport 1 week id like to get a lill more bp but dont no where to go or what to do, could i just up grade the turbo? what bout the exahust should i just get rid of the middle box n get a back box, or would i get more bhp with a s/s one, please help lol

save your money on wasting it on an exhaust and have a look at the 'stickies' in the A3/S3 section.....not clued up entirely but changing your turbo sounds the job

hi all im new the site nd i have had my audi a3 1.8t sport 1 week id like to get a lill more bp but dont no where to go or what to do, could i just up grade the turbo? what bout the exahust should i just get rid of the middle box n get a back box, or would i get more bhp with a s/s one, please help lol

have you had your car remapped? if not, this would get you some more power without having to change the turbo, and would be quite alot cheaper aswell...

i was thinking of getting a remap but im guna get a back box or a full s/s system 1st and a pipecraft pannel filter, is it true the k03s will fit mine thats if i have the k03 any idears lol???

zorst and filter give no real power...at best is miniscule.

im gessing your takeing the ****, lol, thanks but thos bits i dont really like they look dodgy to me, i havent got a k&n or that yet i was hopeing some one would be able to me pick which would be the best for my car??

glen,sorry for the sarcasm but you posted for info and admittedly haven't received loads but look at the stickies as I have already said.
remap gives you power and the others give you noise...buy a audio dump valve for that and save pennies.

as wll both no i an to clued up with all this but i do no i want more bhp not noise lol so if you can give me your best advice id have a look and probly go get the bits lol