Upgrading to indicators in mirrors on C6 A6

Stickystuff

Reaction score
happy Easter all!

I've recently inherited my brothers 2.7tdi A6 and its in a bit of a state cosmetically, so in the process off tidying it up I'd like to upgrade the mirrors to having the indicators in.

The cars a 2005 and it's already had the front and rear lights upgraded to the LED type and already has factory Xenons.

Is there a retrofit guide or has any body done it that can give me any advice? Realistically the car will need some paint so I though if I were to fill the current side repeater holes and kill 2-3-4 birds with one stone.

If anyone can shed some light I would appreciate it.

Thanks Ash

Sounds like my old car, no really it does....

Is it dark grey?

If it is then I had LED mirrors on it, but took them off before I sold it.

The side indicators cannot work if you have LED mirrors.

No it's a silver one.

I want to get rid of he side repeaters in the wings and have them in the mirrors instead.

Is it as simple as re-routing the wires or do I need to change the wiring completely and tell the door modules that it has mirror repeaters?

Sounds like my old car, no really it does....

Is it dark grey?

If it is then I had LED mirrors on it, but took them off before I sold it.

The side indicators cannot work if you have LED mirrors.
Hi Craig,

Firstly, sorry to hijack a post...but are you the same craigib that I seen on some other audi forum who retrofitted the a 2005 a6 from hallogen to xenon Facelift. I am trying to do this just now, and would like to pick your brain if at all possible?

Many thanks

Chris